Re: [a_film_by] Re: Posthumous-period Preminger?

  • ptonguette@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2003
      In a message dated 6/15/03 9:02:06 PM, monterone@... writes:

      >few years ago the Museum of Television and Radio screened a kinescope of
      >a live TV show he directed in the early '50s: a trio of playlets by Noel
      >(BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING) Coward, called I think "Tonight at 8:30," all
      starring
      >Ginger Rogers in a stylistic tour de force (one play features her in a
      >comic music hall performance, another is the source of BRIEF ENCOUNTER).

      I hadn't a clue about the existence of these - thanks for the information.
      The only other "unknown" Preminger (though it isn't really; I just mean that I
      don't believe too many have seen it in the States) that I can think of is the
      German version of "The Moon Is Blue," with a completely different cast. I saw
      some clips in the documentary "Preminger: Anatomy of a Filmmaker." The
      American and German versions were shot simultaneously, so I would imagine that they
      are virtual replicas of themselves apart from the actors and, obviously,
      language.

      Peter

      http://hometown.aol.com/ptonguette/index.html