Re: The lure of the silver screen (Was: The Exile - No Turkey)

  • Michael E. Kerpan, Jr.
    Message 1 of 132 , Jun 2, 2005
      --- In a_film_by@yahoogroups.com, Dan Sallitt <sallitt@p...> wrote:

      > > I don't think it's possible
      > > to love the movies -- or even "The Cinema" -- and not to enjoy that
      > > kind of stuff.

      {Dan's comment starts here}

      > I'm afraid I must stand up as an exception to this rule.... If a movie
      > doesn't set off my art detector, I'm generally not too interested.
      Maybe
      > this is because I wasn't a movie-loving child.

      I'd hate to think that there was some sort of litmus test for "true
      movie lovers". There are LOTS of types of films I either dislike or
      have little interest in. And I can even believe that someone who has
      no affinity for Ozu can still be a movie lover (depending on their
      other likes and dislikes) -- though I would be perplexed (and would
      grieve a bit).
    • Michael E. Kerpan, Jr.
      Message 132 of 132 , Jun 2, 2005