Re: [a_film_by] Re: Group business: all members please read

  • ptonguette@aol.com
    Message 1 of 53 , Jun 1 2:12 PM
      Brian wrote:

      "[...] so I could
      compose a (hopefully) well-supported post about the
      relationship between Lucas' politics and his imagery."

      Brian, any post on the above topic would not only be permitted, but it falls
      explicitly in line with our Statement of Purpose. Recall the paragraph in
      which it is stated that part of our goal is to discuss "...the relationship of
      style to meaning." I can't remember when we added this line to our Statement
      (it's been revised several times), but I have a feeling that it's been there for
      a while, maybe even since the beginning.

      I offer this as a clarification, not out of any desire whatsoever to prolong
      this discussion of ourselves!

      Peter Tonguette

    • ptonguette@aol.com