The Village

  • ptonguette@aol.com
    Message 1 of 86 , Jul 30, 2004
      Curious to know if anyone here has seen the new Shyamalan film yet? Despite
      the negative press, I've heard from a number of trusted cinephile friends that
      it's a great film.

      I know we have some Shyamalan fans here; Bill's on record as being an
      "Unbreakable" fan, and the Contracampo critics (Filipe, Ruy, et al) also seem to be
      fans, if Top 10 lists are anything to go by. I'm not quite on board yet, but I
      plan to revisit his previous work after I see "The Village."

      Peter
    • Ruy Gardnier
      Message 86 of 86 , Sep 4, 2004
        Gallo's loathers and lovers should read his interview (in french) for Les
        Inrockuptibles (cover: himself and Jim Jarmusch). He talks about the Cannes
        print and his final one, his own, which is 30-minutes shorter. I love the
        film and have written about it for Contracampo on Sept-Oct-2003. It reminded
        me also of Bob Rafelson's "Five Easy Pieces". So the reference on Jack
        Nicholson gets even more amusing, Bill.
        ruy