great gig in Spirit Store...

  • john.fergus@e-blana.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2002
      Dave played a fabulous gig in the Spirit Store, Dundalk last Friday night.
      It was a solo effort - his first ever he said. His keyboard player phoned
      him from St. Vincents hospital that morning. He was very nervous, but the
      50 or so people there were supportive (including a very vocal A-House
      supporting contingent). He played just over an hour, including a short
      encore. A mixture of old and new songs. He was his usual witty self with
      little jokes and asides between songs. For those who don't know it, the
      Spirit Store (http://www.spiritstore.ie) is a pub in Dundalk which has live
      music almost (if not) every night. The gig room is upstairs above the pub.
      Capacity is about 100 people so it's a small, relaxed venue. Ideal for
      Dave, in fact.

      John

      the system manager.

      www.mimesweeper.com
    • cmweldon
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2002
        i was a house once in dundalk when they played an RTC ball. The
        stunning where meant to play but pulled out at the last minute and A
        House where drafted in. The gig was dreadful. They completed made a
        mess of it, just not prepared for playing live. Then they released I
        am the Greatest and the rest is another story...

        Is mcmanus still open?

      • john.fergus@e-blana.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2002
          I remember A House playing an RTC ball in Laceys (out the Newry Road).
          Unfortunately I didn't appreciate them at the time ... D'oh! I've seen them
          in Drogheda and also at Feile but I don't think they ever played Dundalk
          again.
          McManus' is still open. Haven't been there for a long time, mind. Not since
          the good-looking bar staff left. Whatever happened to them ?

          John

          "cmweldon"
          <cmweldon@yahoo. To: aHouse@yahoogroups.com
          ie> cc:
          Subject: [aHouse] Re: great gig in Spirit Store...
          02/09/02 11:40
          Please respond
          to aHouse

          i was a house once in dundalk when they played an RTC ball. The
          stunning where meant to play but pulled out at the last minute and A
          House where drafted in. The gig was dreadful. They completed made a
          mess of it, just not prepared for playing live. Then they released I
          am the Greatest and the rest is another story...

          Is mcmanus still open?
          --- In aHouse@y..., john.fergus@e... wrote:
          > Dave played a fabulous gig in the Spirit Store, Dundalk last Friday
          night.
          > It was a solo effort - his first ever he said. His keyboard player
          phoned
          > him from St. Vincents hospital that morning. He was very nervous,
          but the
          > 50 or so people there were supportive (including a very vocal A-
          House
          > supporting contingent). He played just over an hour, including a
          short
          > encore. A mixture of old and new songs. He was his usual witty self
          with
          > little jokes and asides between songs. For those who don't know it,
          the
          > Spirit Store (http://www.spiritstore.ie) is a pub in Dundalk which
          has live
          > music almost (if not) every night. The gig room is upstairs above
          the pub.
          > Capacity is about 100 people so it's a small, relaxed venue. Ideal
          for
          > Dave, in fact.
          >
          > John

          > are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
          notify
          > the system manager.
          >
          > This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
          by

          > www.mimesweeper.com

          * ** * ** * ** * ** ahouse@onelist.com ** * ** * ** * ** *
          http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Plaza/7654
          * ** * ** * ** ** information on A House * * * ** * ** * *

          the system manager.

          www.mimesweeper.com
        • cmweldon
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2002
            That must be the gig. I saw them loads of times in the "boxing Club"
            in drogheda(spelling) loads of times between 1988 and 1992 and they
            always placed a stromer there...

            Didn't one of the ex-bar staff go out with Robbie Williams