Skatepark Field Trip, October 3rd!

  • a18klr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2009
      Hi Ann Arbor Skatepark Supporters!

      You're invited to an exciting FREE "field trip" that the Ann Arbor Skatepark Action Committee has planned for October 3rd. We'll be taking a group trip to the Riley Skatepark in Farmington Hills. We'd love to have you come along to see what a world-class skatepark looks like, talk to people from the Farmington Hills community and Government about what it's meant to their City, and skate with us (if that's something you're interested in). If you'd like to join us, let us know ASAP. The seats on the bus will fill up fast! Here are the details:

      Who's invited?
      Ann Arbor City Council members, PAC commissioners, members of other community groups who have an interest in the skatepark, skaters, families and any other community members.

      What is this?
      It's a trip to the Riley Skatepark in Farmington Hills. The skatepark opened this past spring, and it's a great example of a public/private partnership, not to mention the best skatepark in Michigan. Many of us skaters will be bringing our equipment, as we plan to skate while we're there to show what we do when we visit other cities like Farmington Hills.

      When will it happen?
      Saturday, October 3, from 1:00 to 4:00 PM.

      Where will it happen?
      We'll meet at Veterans Memorial Park in Ann Arbor at 1:00 PM. We'll meet in the parking lot on the West side of the park. This will give everyone a chance to walk the future Ann Arbor Skatepark location before seeing first-hand an example of a real skatepark. After that we'll head out to Farmington Hills. The trip takes about 30-40 minutes. We'll return to Ann Arbor by 4:00 PM.

      Why are we doing this?
      We've found that most people in Ann Arbor are in favor of the Ann Arbor Skatepark, but many people haven't seen the kind of skatepark that we'll be building. This trip will give people a chance to see the scope of the project, and why we're so excited about it.

      How are we going to get there?
      BTB has offered us a discount on their BTB Party Bus ( http://www.btbpartybus.com/ ). This bus is usually used around town as a form of green alternative transportation. It's powered by fryer grease! Although we won't be partying on the bus, we'll be talking skateparks along the way, which to us is like a party! ;-)

      We only have about a dozen seats on the bus. Once those seats fills up, we hope that those folks who want to come along with us will caravan in cars and trucks behind the BTB bus.

      We'd love to have you join us at the Riley Skatepark. Please respond to trevor@... ASAP, and let us know if you'd like to join the fun. Or, simply show up the day of the event. See you there!

      -Trevor Staples