Ann Arbor Skatepark Update!

  • a18klr
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2008
      The Ann Arbor Skatepark Action Committee has been working with the
      City of Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation Services Unit over the past few
      months to finalize the agreement between the City and the skatepark
      group. This agreement will be brought before the Park Advisory
      Commission (PAC) this Tuesday, November 18. After its passage at PAC,
      the agreement will move to the City Council on December 1 for final
      approval. Once the agreement is approved by City Council, the big push
      starts to fund, design and build the best skatepark in the midwest,
      and maybe the country.

      We couldn't have done what we've done over the past year without the
      support of people from the youngest skater to the most senior
      grandparents. This is truly a community effort, and we thank you.

      Your help will be needed more than ever in the coming year as we begin
      our big-time fundraising. Right now you can help by tuning in to Ann
      Arbor's CTN tomorrow night and watching the PAC approve the agreement.

      We're urging all supporters of the Ann Arbor Skatepark to attend the
      City Council meeting on December 1st, 2008. This meeting will be at
      7:00 PM in Ann Arbor's City Hall. Although we have heard great support
      from City Council, the more community members we have out supporting
      this project, the more likely it is to pass. Please join us for this
      next big step in the process.

      Thanks for all you do!

      Trevor Staples
      Chair, The Ann Arbor Skatepark Action Committee