Network Engineer -Wireless/2+years/Chennai

  • SAI HR Solution Providers
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      Hi,

      We have the following opening for a reputed concern in Chennai.

      Network Engineer - Wireless

      Qualification:B.E/B.Tech/MCA

      Experience: 2+ years

      (FRESHERS NEED NOT APPLY)

      JOB DESCRIPTION

      You must have the efficiency to interface with international customers, provide remote Technical support on implementation of technology using various networking products & applications and resolve product related issues through research and troubleshooting.

      This role will enable you to work with the products of a fast-growing enterprise infrastructure company. Our client pioneered the concept of centralized network systems to enable wireless, security and mobility services. The company's products help corporations address fundamental new changes taking place in enterprise networks caused by user mobility, security and wireless technology. Our client markets and manufactures a complete line of network mobility and security systems that include wireless LAN switches, grid controllers, grid and access points along with advanced grid control software applications.

      The following are essential:

      · More than 2+ years experience in configuration and troubleshooting high-end networks

      · The ideal candidate will be an Engineer, who is a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.

      · Quality focus, result & goal orientation in a group situation, and commitment to customer delight are a must.

      · Sound fundamentals and in-depth knowledge of Networking Concepts

      · Debugging hardware & software system level problems in a multi-vendor multi-protocol network environment

      · Willingness to work in international time zones & relocation to Chennai are a must.

      · Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux OS

      Core Skill set

      · Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP).

      · Bridging and switching concepts, LAN technologies such as Ethernet-CSMA/CD.

      · STP - IEEE 802.1d/ IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1s

      · VLANS, Tagging - IEEE 802.1q, 802.3ad

      · IP addressing and sub netting, Routing concepts, VLSM/CIDR.

      · Working knowledge with routing protocols - RIP V1/V2, OSPF

      Network Specialization

      Wireless:

      · Experience with wireless technologies - IEEE 802.11a/b/g/I, WEP, WPA, EAP TLS, TTLS, PEAP, TKIP, MIC, IEEE 802.1x

      Network Security:

      · Specialization in Networking Security - IPSEC, DES, 3-DES, L2TP, PPTP, GRE, PKI, Firewall management, SSL, NAT

      · Intrusion detection system.

      Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, CWNP, CISSP, and CCSA will be added value.

      Send your updated resume to resumes@... mentioning Wireless/yrs of exp/location in the subject line.

      Please forward this to your contacts.

      Regards,
      The SAI Team