What Zune can and can't play

  • bolson_07
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2006
      I have been hearing that the zune won't support protected files. i
      have also heard it won't support music downloaded from some sites. i
      was just wondering if it supported unprotected music burned onto a
      cd. also, i'm just making sure that it will work with windows media
      player 10.
      thanks in advance
    • macdrew2003
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2006
        --- In Zune@yahoogroups.com, "bolson_07" <bolson_07@...> wrote:

        > I have been hearing that the zune won't support protected files. i
        > have also heard it won't support music downloaded from some sites. i
        > was just wondering if it supported unprotected music burned onto a
        > cd. also, i'm just making sure that it will work with windows media
        > player 10.
        > thanks in advance

        for protected songs, it will only work with the Zune Marketplace, so
        no iTunes or Yahoo, etc music stores will work.

        Any normal CD will work of course, as will file sharing sites.

        And no, Windows Media Player won't work with the Zune, you must use
        Zune Marketplace. Go figure!

        -