30Gb Zune Problems

  • karen091866
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2009
      My son has a 30Gb Zune and has been having problems with it. He's researched Microsoft's site & says that they aren't going to even attempt to fix the problem until 2011. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

      The Zune is locking up. He has reset the device, it shows songs listed on the player, that aren't anywhere on his computer..songs that he's never downloaded. When the Zune is plugged in / docked, these songs DON'T show up.

      When he listens to the Zune, fully charged, it will suddenly "die".
      Then the screen reboots itself and will restart from a totally different song than what he was listening to, volume settings will be reset, etc.

      Any suggestions?

      He's reset the device, he has reinstalled the software, he's done the device to factory reset, uninstalled & reinstalled the firmware updates, but still....it just won't act like it should.

      And of course, it's long past the factory warranty.

      Please..someone who knows a lot about these devices, help :)

      Thank you~