Burning DivX to a DVD

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hey, all.

      I converted my files to DivX using..well, DivX Converter (d'uh) and
      tried burning them onto a DVD as data files using both ISO and UDF.
      Neither will play. Any thoughts? Do I need to burn them to CD and not
      DVD?

      Also, my activation video loaded but the audio was garbled. Does that
      mean it was a bad loading?
    • David Brodsky
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
        Tim

        I have been converting files by DrDivx and was burning
        my files onto DVDs as data for years now and playing
        them on different players including Sammy HD841.
        Here are the rules that I found to be successful.

        First download a free program called g-spot, it will
        tell you what kind of file you have originally have.
        If it says Divx 3.0 or higher or Xvid without various
        GMC/QPEL/etc or some weird audio streams, you are
        probably good to go burning. Otherwise, I would
        re-encode with DrDivx.

        After that, just burn the files as data on your DVD.
        I found that my player would always play them fine if
        I limit spead of burning to 4X (Dvd-burning) and no
        more than 16X (Cd-burning) even though my Dvd burner
        is capable of more.

        :)
        David

        --- Tim <tjlamb0518@...> wrote:

        > Hey, all.
        >
        > I converted my files to DivX using..well, DivX
        > Converter (d'uh) and
        > tried burning them onto a DVD as data files using
        > both ISO and UDF.
        > Neither will play. Any thoughts? Do I need to burn
        > them to CD and not
        > DVD?
        >
        > Also, my activation video loaded but the audio was
        > garbled. Does that
        > mean it was a bad loading?

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Tim
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
          --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, David Brodsky <absolutik00@y...>
          wrote:

          > Tim
          >
          > I have been converting files by DrDivx and was burning
          > my files onto DVDs as data for years now and playing
          > them on different players including Sammy HD841.
          > Here are the rules that I found to be successful.
          >
          > First download a free program called g-spot, it will
          > tell you what kind of file you have originally have.
          > If it says Divx 3.0 or higher or Xvid without various
          > GMC/QPEL/etc or some weird audio streams, you are
          > probably good to go burning. Otherwise, I would
          > re-encode with DrDivx.
          >
          > After that, just burn the files as data on your DVD.
          > I found that my player would always play them fine if
          > I limit spead of burning to 4X (Dvd-burning) and no
          > more than 16X (Cd-burning) even though my Dvd burner
          > is capable of more.
          >
          > :)
          > David
          >
          > --- Tim <tjlamb0518@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hey, all.
          > >
          > > I converted my files to DivX using..well, DivX
          > > Converter (d'uh) and
          > > tried burning them onto a DVD as data files using
          > > both ISO and UDF.
          > > Neither will play. Any thoughts? Do I need to burn
          > > them to CD and not
          > > DVD?
          > >
          > > Also, my activation video loaded but the audio was
          > > garbled. Does that
          > > mean it was a bad loading?

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

          Reading DivX.com and the forums, I have to wonder: all they talk
          about is DVD-R for burning, never DVD+R. Guess which one I have?
          Wonder if THIS is the problem. When I burned one file onto a CD-R,
          it played fine...