Region Free for HD950: 122105.01.HNACXSL2XAA (Region1)

  • susumususumu
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      Hi, I have bought HD950 in the US on March in 2006.
      I now live in Japan and can not watch Japanese DVD with this.

      Listed Code did not work for this HD950, so now I am trying to
      downgrade firmware.

      I have checked a massage thread starting:

      Downloaded a file :
      HNACXSL2XEL.RAR
      -Firmware to Update Player 950 HNACXSL2XEL to Zone 5 version

      Two files from the RAR above and one 500MB .zip file(as it is
      suggested to add more than 100MB .zip file) are in a CD-R which is
      finalized.

      I put the CD-R in HD950, but display says
      -This disc cannot be played.
      -Please check this disc.
      and I can not proceed anything to make region free.

      I have connected HD950 to TV via "component(HD950) and D4(TV)"
      Setting(when i push buttons below),
      Video Sel.: "HDMI/component(P-scan)"
      HDMI Sel: "HDMI 720P(1280x720)"
      PROG(version): 122105.01.HNACXSL2XAA
      Region1: since I bought this in the US.

      Please advise me anything to make this region free for X'mas!
      Thanks,
      Susumu