Re: Anyone...

  • michaelcerca
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
      --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "bw191" <bw191@y...> wrote:
      > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "jtjt21" <ikik@a...> wrote:
      > > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "a_ser_files" <a_ser_files@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > ...want to share their experience? Any problems (other than the pal
      > > > setting after the flash)?
      > > I just flashed mine and now the dvd tray wont move. The player says
      > > load and the tray is just stuck wont eject. Pulled it open and it
      > > wont shut either. Anyone know what's up with it?
      >
      > Same question here.

      i had the same problem with my player even before the firmware
      upgrade, i don't know what the problem is, but sometimes my player
      just gets stuck on "open" and the try dosen't do anything. i usually
      turn it off and put on a record, then after about 5-10 min i power it
      back on and the tray opens fine.
      a fix to this problem would be great, but i don't really mind waiting
      the 5-10 min.
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
        --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "michaelcerca" <michaelcerca@y...> wrote:
        > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "bw191" <bw191@y...> wrote:
        > > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "jtjt21" <ikik@a...> wrote:
        > > > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "a_ser_files" <a_ser_files@y...>
        > > > I just flashed mine and now the dvd tray wont move. The player says
        > > > load and the tray is just stuck wont eject. Pulled it open and it
        > > > wont shut either. Anyone know what's up with it?
        > >
        > > Same question here.
        >

        > i had the same problem with my player even before the firmware
        > upgrade, i don't know what the problem is, but sometimes my player
        > just gets stuck on "open" and the try dosen't do anything. i usually
        > turn it off and put on a record, then after about 5-10 min i power it
        > back on and the tray opens fine.
        > a fix to this problem would be great, but i don't really mind waiting
        > the 5-10 min.

        I am having quite a problem after my "upgrade". No problems previously but
        now the drawer is stuck open and the screen says "load" No output to the screen at all. I've
        tried to unplug and pray... if I put a disc in it nothing happens and i have to pretty much
        push the tray in (and then remove the disc uh forcibly) Now it seems I've got a nice
        paperweight here. cant even return my player to the normal firmwire
      • pondqueen9
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
          --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <christopherjhuwu@y...>
          <michaelcerca@y...> wrote:
          > > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "bw191" <bw191@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Same question here.
          > >

          > > i had the same problem with my player even before the firmware
          > > upgrade, i don't know what the problem is, but sometimes my
          player
          > > just gets stuck on "open" and the try dosen't do anything. i
          usually
          > > turn it off and put on a record, then after about 5-10 min i
          power it
          > > back on and the tray opens fine.
          > > a fix to this problem would be great, but i don't really mind
          waiting
          > > the 5-10 min.
          >
          > I am having quite a problem after my "upgrade". No problems
          previously but
          > now the drawer is stuck open and the screen says "load" No output
          to the screen at all. I've
          > tried to unplug and pray... if I put a disc in it nothing happens
          and i have to pretty much
          > push the tray in (and then remove the disc uh forcibly) Now it
          seems I've got a nice
          > paperweight here. cant even return my player to the normal firmwire

          I've got the same problem. My player was working fine before I did
          the firmware downgrade but afterwards, the disc drawer is stuck open
          and the screen says "load". No other action with the unit at all.

          Any ideas out there?

          Jeff
        • scanflap
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 8, 2005

            Here is my suggestion. It is based on loading the wrong firmware into my 841. I had the
            same symptoms.

            What I did first is burn the correct firmware for the 841 to a disc. Not the mod.

            Then I opened the cabinet with the POWER UNPLUGGED. Take off the wrapper - the top of
            the player.

            What I discovered was that my forcing the tray and removing the disc got the tray slightly
            out of sync mechanically. Open the tray (or you can remove the top of the holder if you are
            mechanically inclined) and insert the disc. When you push in the tray make sure it goes in
            far enough to raise the CD up into the clamped position. Mine was not, and a forceful
            close caused it to chuck up the disc.

            BE CAREFULL AND KEEP YOUR FINGERS AWAY FROM THE INSIDE OF THE UNIT OR YOU
            COULD BE ELECTROCUTED. Plug it in and the disc should spin up. If it does not, it is not
            chucked up all the way. You may have to remove power and reapply a couple of times, but
            it should spin and the screen should display the upgrade info. If you had a partial upgrade,
            the picture may be in PAL, AND you will need a multistandard display (or I use an
            International VCR to convert to NTSC).

            At worst case you will have to remove the top of the disc holder and partially remove the
            tray to get it mechanically into sync. Then try to power up.

            This is how I recovered from loading 941 firmware into an 841. Don't ask - apparently I
            could not read on the Samsung site and I thought I downloaded the 841 update.

            I hope this helps. It fixed my player. I was sucessful in finally putting in the 741 firmware.

            --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <christopherjhuwu@y...> wrote:

            > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "michaelcerca" <michaelcerca@y...> wrote:
            > > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "bw191" <bw191@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Same question here.
            > >

            > > i had the same problem with my player even before the firmware
            > > upgrade, i don't know what the problem is, but sometimes my player
            > > just gets stuck on "open" and the try dosen't do anything.
          • lemaru2000
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 13, 2007
              Did anyone have any success fixing the problem with the DVD player
              being stuck saying "LOAD" or "OPEN" on the display after an update
              with the drive either stuck closed or open?!?!

              Mine too is now stuck like this after an upgrade! I have opened the
              case up and tried the steps in the last post but still no success!!

              I dont really want to have to buy another DVD player!!

              Any info much appreciated!

              --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "scanflap" <lewis@...> wrote:

              > Here is my suggestion. It is based on loading the wrong firmware
              into my 841. I had the
              > same symptoms.
              >
              > What I did first is burn the correct firmware for the 841 to a
              disc. Not the mod.

              > Then I opened the cabinet with the POWER UNPLUGGED. Take off the
              wrapper - the top of
              > the player.
              >
              > What I discovered was that my forcing the tray and removing the
              disc got the tray slightly
              > out of sync mechanically. Open the tray (or you can remove the top
              of the holder if you are
              > mechanically inclined) and insert the disc. When you push in the
              tray make sure it goes in
              > far enough to raise the CD up into the clamped position. Mine was
              not, and a forceful
              > close caused it to chuck up the disc.
              >
              > BE CAREFULL AND KEEP YOUR FINGERS AWAY FROM THE INSIDE OF THE UNIT
              OR YOU
              > COULD BE ELECTROCUTED. Plug it in and the disc should spin up. If
              it does not, it is not
              > chucked up all the way. You may have to remove power and reapply a
              couple of times, but
              > it should spin and the screen should display the upgrade info. If
              you had a partial upgrade,
              > the picture may be in PAL, AND you will need a multistandard
              display (or I use an
              > International VCR to convert to NTSC).
              >
              > At worst case you will have to remove the top of the disc holder
              and partially remove the
              > tray to get it mechanically into sync. Then try to power up.
              >
              > This is how I recovered from loading 941 firmware into an 841.
              Don't ask - apparently I
              > could not read on the Samsung site and I thought I downloaded the
              841 update.

              > I hope this helps. It fixed my player. I was sucessful in finally
              putting in the 741 firmware.

              > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <christopherjhuwu@y...>
              wrote:

              > > --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "michaelcerca"
              <michaelcerca@y...> wrote:

              > > > i had the same problem with my player even before the firmware
              > > > upgrade, i don't know what the problem is, but sometimes my
              player
              > > > just gets stuck on "open" and the try dosen't do anything.

            • sfb
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 14, 2007
                As far as I know, the only way around a firmware update that went bad is to send it to the manufacturer. They can flash it through the service port. Mine was fixed that way. It's not that bad even if they charge you, mine was still under warranty so they didn't. Their fixed labor rate for DVD players is very reasonable. If I remember what they quoted me correctly, it was only around $40.

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 14, 2007
                  Sadly $40 probably means £40 in the UK so not much for for a new
                  player!

                  Think I shall stay clear of samsungs tho