What is the difference between ver 1.0 and ver 2.0 firmware for the HD745?

  • lnxnewbie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005
      I was looking at the samsung update site and noticed 2 versions of
      firmware for the hd745 One for everyone else and one for Russia and
      according to the release info PDF, both fix the exact same issues.
      Which is a better fit for the US HD841? I am using the modified ver
      2.0 provided on this website and it works great. DiVX/XVid is almost
      flawless after you use AVIDemux. A few AVI files had AV synch issues
      but can be resolved by clicking the STOP button once and then the PLAY
      button.

      There are only 2 issues w/ DiVX left and maybe some one can hack the
      firmware to fix them (maybe possible since there are a whole bunch of
      hacks for the Mediatek chipset players):

      1) no longfile name
      2) better subtitle support. The sub is shown over a dark transparent
      blue background (using SRT format). Anyway to get rid of it?

      Thanks again for a great hack!!!