Re: [ZoranDVD] Inquiry for HDCP FREE & DVI SEL failure

  • Michail Kazarinov
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
      > I made REGION FREE and HDCP FREE by
      > angle-4-3-2-7-angle pressing
      > method. (from the hack forum of www.videohelp.com)

      I did the same, it worked

      > However, I found that pressing DVI SEL to select
      > different
      > resolutions (480P, 720P, 768P, 1080i) didn't work.
      > 'NOT SURPORT'
      > signals appeared in each changing mode and the
      > picture resolution
      > quality didn't change at all.

      I believe it's a problem of receiving revice (TV), not
      DVD. I am using PJ Sony HS10, and can see 480P, 720P,
      1080i, but not 768P,

      > picture quality
      > through DVI is even inferior to that of Lite-On DVD
      > recorder.
      >
      > My LCD-Ready TV is Syntax brand LT-26HVX and it
      > supposes to be
      > compatible with HDCP (480P~1080i).

      That is a different story. I can confirm the bad
      quality of the image from 841 too.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • saintphd
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
        Thanks for your messages.
        I returned to HDCP by angle-4-3-2-7-angle pressing method.
        (same as HDCP FREE method; HDCP FREE sign didn't appear by return.)
        However, 'No Surport' sign still appears whenever I press DVI SEL
        button.
        I think HD841 DVI resolution selection depends on TV set.

        Extra tip: Switching DNR (Digital/Noisy Ratio) in HDTV from Normal
        to Strong looks to increase picture quality and reduce irritating
        noise regardless of DVI compatibility.

        Regards,

        Stanley from Houston

        --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, Michail Kazarinov <kazarinov@...>