First HD841 to HD745 "downgrade"

  • hdeightfourone
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2005
      I've had a HD841 for a while and was always curious of why it would
      not play DivX like its relatives (HD74x). Maybe the US market does not
      need this feature? Or the customers would not like DVD-A, SACD, DVD and
      DivX upscaling player in one unit? Who knows. Anyway, after a bit of
      experimenting the DivX is available for HD841 now. I just finish
      testing the firmware 745ver2for841.zip posted in the files section.
      After changing the output back to NTSC and running few test DVD and
      DivX movies, as well as some DVD-Audio, I can report that the player
      performs just as well as before. With added DivX support.
    • callmecc
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2006
        --- In ZoranDVD@yahoogroups.com, "hdeightfourone" <hdeightfourone@...>
        wrote:

        > I've had a HD841 for a while and was always curious of why it would
        > not play DivX like its relatives (HD74x). Maybe the US market does not
        > need this feature? Or the customers would not like DVD-A, SACD, DVD and
        > DivX upscaling player in one unit? Who knows. Anyway, after a bit of
        > experimenting the DivX is available for HD841 now. I just finish
        > testing the firmware 745ver2for841.zip posted in the files section.
        > After changing the output back to NTSC and running few test DVD and
        > DivX movies, as well as some DVD-Audio, I can report that the player
        > performs just as well as before. With added DivX support.

        This is what i`ve been looking for,thank you