Re: [ZoCal] RE: RE: Banning Train Festival – Spa c e For One More Modular RR Club

  • David Lancaster
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2013

      I can't go. But anyone (Don) who wants to pick up a module(s) from the trailer is welcome.

      David L.
      ZoCal

      On Sep 30, 2013 10:52 PM, <elruddick@...> wrote:

      Did not get all the emails in the first reply. The NEO fornat is giving me some problems until I get it figured out. Sorry.
      Lindley

      Here are the emails.

      Lindley,

      It looks like a good show we could do it, what do you thing?
      You are the admin guy :-)  could you do the paper work for us!!!  This will be nice...
      Let's look for an hotel close by.... It is a long time we did not bond together ......

      Thanks
      Henri

      Sent from my iPad

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Don Fedjur <donfedjur@...>
      Date: September 30, 2013 at 10:37:49 AM PDT
      To: Henri Seynaeve <hseynaeve@...>
      Cc: David Lancaster <zscaler1955@...>
      Subject: Re: [ZoCal] Banning Train Festival – Space For One More Modular RR Club

      We could participate, but it would probably be on a small scale. I suggest same set-up as San Diego Balboa Park event. David, you have the trailer. Also, we would need to stay overnight, hotel or Henri's back yard.

      Don Fedjur
      mobile phone; 760-861-5161

      Sent from my iPhone mobile office.

      On Sep 29, 2013, at 11:12 PM, Henri Seynaeve <hseynaeve@...> wrote:

      Do we make this one?
      Looks interesting....

      Henri

      Sent from my iPad

      ---In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, <zocal@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have taken the liberty of posting some information about this show using individual correspondence among Henri, Don, David and me. Perhaps other ZoCal members may have some input.

      Lindley

      It seems as if the Banning set up has had some changes. The original plan was to set up in a gymnasium on a covered floor. The folks displaying layouts would be responsible for any damage to the floor. I decided along with a consensus that we did not want to take on that possible liability.

      The separate 25' X 26' room would apparently remove that concern. I will not be able to attend but if some of you other ZoCalers wish to participate, please contact Bob directly. I would suggest perhaps Don or David might be the key players. Keep in mind that we are scheduled for the Botanic Gardens here in Palos Verdes on the next week end of October 25, 26 and 27.  Plans have changed there also in that we will have our own room. Unfortunately I just found out about this earlier today and do not have the room dimensions but I suspect it is about 25' X 25'.  I believe it would give us plenty of room for 2 or 3 small layouts. I am trying to get info.
      Banning would certainly be closer that PV for the San Diego crew and Henri.
      Lindley
      PS I did not get the earlier postings by Henri and Don by email but I did get Bob's original posting by email. Guess the NEO Yahoo Group revision fouled up again.

      From: Don Fedjur <donfedjur@...>
      Date: September 30, 2013 at 10:37:49 AM PDT
      To: Henri Seynaeve <hseynaeve@...>
      Cc: David Lancaster <zscaler1955@...>

      We could participate, but it would probably be on a small scale. I suggest same set-up as San Diego Balboa Park event. David, you have the trailer. Also, we would need to stay overnight, hotel or Henri's back yard.

      Don Fedjur
      mobile phone; 760-861-5161

      Sent from my iPhone mobile office.

      On Sep 29, 2013, at 11:12 PM, Henri Seynaeve <hseynaeve@...> wrote:

      Do we make this one?
      Looks interesting....

      Henri

      Sent from my iPad

      ---In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, <zocal@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The Banning Centennial Train Festival has space for one more modular railroad club.  We have a well-illuminated 25 foot x 26 foot room in the Banning Community Center just down the hall from one of the gymnasiums where the module clubs will be set-up and across from where the modeling clinics will be conducted.  This is located at 789 North San Gorgonio Avenue in Banning.

      Your group is invited to submit an application for this remaining space.  The Festival will pay $125.00 for your participation.

      Here is the Festival schedule:

      October 18th, Friday

      Move-in / Set-up: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

      October 19th, Saturday

      Move-in / Set-up: 7:00 am to 9:30 am

      Open to the Public: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

      October 20th, Sunday

      Open to the Public: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm

      Move-out / clean-up: 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm

      Participating modular groups already include:

      Antelope Valley N’ Scalers

      Free-mo LA

      Hemet-San Jacinto Model Railroad Club

      Inland Empire Modular Railroaders

      Kerk Circus

      N-Trak Express

      Orange County Module Railroaders

      Orange County “N”Gineers

      Southern Nevada N-trak

      Toy Train Operating Society – SP Division

      We would like your club to join with these other groups to show residents of the Banning area what today’s model railroading is all about.  We have an aggressive Festival publicity campaign which includes distribution of thousands of fliers in the area, two billboards on Interstate 10 and a cable television blurb that has been broadcast to 700,000 home twenty times a day since last week.

      Contact me at chiefbobbb at Verizon dot net for an application.  Please submit your application as soon as possible and let me know when you have done so.

      Thank you.

      Bob Chaparro

      Banning Centennial Train Festival Committee