Re: [ZoCal] 2013 Fullerton musings

  • John D. Duino
    Message 1 of 7 , May 6, 2013
      Nothing really significant to add, just wanted to say it was great to be back running. I think the crowds were pretty good, but with the improved flow we didn't see them get bunched up as much. We learned from Saturday's wind and selectively opened/closed certain tent flaps to direct the gusts at the other layouts (the ones with the 2' tall DO NOT TOUCH screens).

      It was fun, the BBQ was good (street vendors at the show), and the people were fun! And *GASP* I actually ran trains almost ALL DAY on Saturday. I think that's a new record.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2013
        You do a good job Lindley. From your observations I can feel almost like I was there. With my stories, you can hardly ever differentiate between fact and fiction.

        I had my first eye fixed yesterday. Today my vision is still blurred but it is much improved over yesterday. This afternoon I should find out when my other eye will be operated on.

        I spoke with Lajos the other day. He is still discovering how to use his new improved vision. My eyes have been going bad for more than 5 years. Since I already wore glasses for 60 years I could see it happening. Even though I knew that my vision was going bad, I did not realize how bad it really was. For Lajos it was a new experience and he did not realize how much loss of vision he had been experiencing. His improved vision is also helping him with his new high quality tools business. He isn't sure when he will return to trains. For some reason, having food on the table seems to be more important.

        I should be OK for the next show. Glad to hear that you guys had so much fun. I also miss the food.

        Bill

        --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "Lindley Ruddick" <elruddick@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Please feel free to add your comments and add to the commentary. I hope I did not forget anyone who attended but if I did, please chime in.

      • John D. Duino

          Message 4 of 7 , May 7, 2013
            Hey Bill,
            Awesome news buddy. It'll be good to see you again.

            You now have another thing to add to those that complain Z Scale is too small - get your eyes fixed!

            James

            --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "Billhko" <billhko@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > Please feel free to add your comments and add to the commentary. I hope I did not forget anyone who attended but if I did, please chime in.

          • Daniel Tompkins
            Message 5 of 7 , May 7, 2013
              Bill,
              Great news ! Hope to see you & Lagos @ Ontario.
              Dan

            • ladyrejoicer@charter.net
              Message 6 of 7 , May 8, 2013
                Recently found out that I also have a cataracts, guess everyone gets them eventually. But I didn't think I was at the age to worry yet. Right eye within a year. No wonder its getting harder and harder to see the tiny stuff. On the other hand Loren is getting hearing aids, will that help him model any better????

                Karin