Re: [ZoCal] Re: Big boy

  • David Lancaster
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 7 5:49 AM

      I have a spare decoder and will try again. And I meant the NCE module stopped putting out power. Lights all come on in module but no AC.

      David L.
      ZoCal

      On Feb 6, 2013 9:26 PM, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

      David, I can understand frying the decoder on your GP30, I mean big boy, but how in the heck did you kill a 5 amp power supply? Were you using it for something else other than powering your NCE?

      Greg

      --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, David Lancaster wrote:

      > Bad news. Decoder fried. And my NCE power supply is shot too. Don can bring
      > his.
      >
      > David L.
      > ZoCal
      > On Feb 4, 2013 8:41 PM, "Jeff Thompson" wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Amen!****
      > >
      > > ** **

    • Greg Elmassian
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 7 7:09 AM
        So the NCE command station/booster has no power to the track output?

        Double check the output with a meter, take the plug off the output.

        When that connector goes bad, it will stop making contact, the interior "contact springs" are weak, and if they overheat, lose their temper and stop making contact.

        I know this very well, since I have the 10 amp system.. I have some spares I believe of that connector.

      • David Lancaster
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 7 7:45 AM

          Thanks Greg. I knew you would have an idea of my issue. We can look at it on Friday. But lets have a spare, have Don bring his.

          David L.
          ZoCal

        • David Lancaster
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 7 4:55 PM

            New decoder connected. Almost ready to put the engine and tender back together (thanks Rob K, I got the parts today) and test it on some track. Modules packed and almost all of my stuff packed.

            David L.
            ZoCal

          • Robert Kluz
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 7 5:07 PM
              David,

              I am glad the parts arrived!

              Rob

              On Feb 7, 2013, at 7:55 PM, David Lancaster <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

              New decoder connected. Almost ready to put the engine and tender back together (thanks Rob K, I got the parts today) and test it on some track. Modules packed and almost all of my stuff packed.

              David L.
              ZoCal

              On Feb 7, 2013 7:45 AM, "David Lancaster" <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

              Thanks Greg. I knew you would have an idea of my issue. We can look at it on Friday. But lets have a spare, have Don bring his.

              David L.
              ZoCal

              On Feb 7, 2013 7:09 AM, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

              So the NCE command station/booster has no power to the track output?

              Double check the output with a meter, take the plug off the output.

              When that connector goes bad, it will stop making contact, the interior "contact springs" are weak, and if they overheat, lose their temper and stop making contact.

              I know this very well, since I have the 10 amp system.. I have some spares I believe of that connector.

              Greg

              --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, David Lancaster wrote:

              > I have a spare decoder and will try again. And I meant the NCE module
              > stopped putting out power. Lights all come on in module but no AC.
              >
              > David L.
              > ZoCal
              > On Feb 6, 2013 9:26 PM, "Greg Elmassian" wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > David, I can understand frying the decoder on your GP30, I mean big boy,
              > > but how in the heck did you kill a 5 amp power supply? Were you using it
              > > for something else other than powering your NCE?
              > >
              > > Greg
              > >
              > > --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, David Lancaster wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Bad news. Decoder fried. And my NCE power supply is shot too. Don can
              > > bring
              > > > his.
              > > >
              > > > David L.
              > > > ZoCal