Storm grates and manhole covers

  • zscaler
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
      I have some of the manhole covers installed and am posting pictures on trainboard. The price is okay, but the shipping is ridiculously priced - more than one set of manhole covers! I am going to order some grates but will pick up the shipping if others want the grates or covers. I can hand them out at a show.
      All they really need to do is scotch tape the order to a piece of tag board and put it in a regular envelope - one forever stamp.

      David L.
      ZoCal member
    • Alexis
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
        Good point. Sale lost. I was in the process of placing an order... until the check-out. I didn't have a problem with the $1.00 for the postage, but... an additional $4.95 for "handling"?!

        "Handling" is the cost of doing business.

        Thank you for the offer, David. Unfortunately, I'm not close by.

        Alex

        --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "zscaler" <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

        > I have some of the manhole covers installed and am posting pictures on trainboard. The price is okay, but the shipping is ridiculously priced - more than one set of manhole covers! I am going to order some grates but will pick up the shipping if others want the grates or covers. I can hand them out at a show.
        > All they really need to do is scotch tape the order to a piece of tag board and put it in a regular envelope - one forever stamp.
        >
        > David L.
        > ZoCal member
      • David Lancaster
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012

          But I could mail you one. For .50? Postage, no S&H. Just saying...

          David L.
          ZoCal

          On Jul 1, 2012 7:15 AM, "Alexis" <techrepjapan@...> wrote:

          Good point. Sale lost. I was in the process of placing an order... until the check-out. I didn't have a problem with the $1.00 for the postage, but... an additional $4.95 for "handling"?!

          "Handling" is the cost of doing business.

          Thank you for the offer, David. Unfortunately, I'm not close by.

          Alex

          --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "zscaler" <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

          > I have some of the manhole covers installed and am posting pictures on trainboard. The price is okay, but the shipping is ridiculously priced - more than one set of manhole covers! I am going to order some grates but will pick up the shipping if others want the grates or covers. I can hand them out at a show.
          > All they really need to do is scotch tape the order to a piece of tag board and put it in a regular envelope - one forever stamp.
          >
          > David L.
          > ZoCal member

        • Alexis
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
            Thank you for your offer, David. I've sent you a direct e-mail.

            Alex

            --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, David Lancaster <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

            > But I could mail you one. For .50? Postage, no S&H. Just saying...
            >
            > David L.
            > ZoCal
          • Don Fedjur
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
              Bother David.......put me in for some. 2 sets please.

              Don Fedjur
              mobile phone; 760-861-5161

              Sent from my iPhone mobile office.

              On Jul 1, 2012, at 8:56 AM, "zscaler" <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

              I have some of the manhole covers installed and am posting pictures on trainboard. The price is okay, but the shipping is ridiculously priced - more than one set of manhole covers! I am going to order some grates but will pick up the shipping if others want the grates or covers. I can hand them out at a show.
              All they really need to do is scotch tape the order to a piece of tag board and put it in a regular envelope - one forever stamp.

              David L.
              ZoCal member

            • Chuck Gaskill
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                David,
                Please put me down for 2 sets of the storm sewer grates.
                Thank you.

                Chuck Gaskill

                On Jul 1, 2012, at 9:54 AM, Don Fedjur <donfedjur@...> wrote:

                Bother David.......put me in for some. 2 sets please.

                Don Fedjur
                mobile phone; 760-861-5161

                Sent from my iPhone mobile office.

                On Jul 1, 2012, at 8:56 AM, "zscaler" <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

                I have some of the manhole covers installed and am posting pictures on trainboard. The price is okay, but the shipping is ridiculously priced - more than one set of manhole covers! I am going to order some grates but will pick up the shipping if others want the grates or covers. I can hand them out at a show.
                All they really need to do is scotch tape the order to a piece of tag board and put it in a regular envelope - one forever stamp.

                David L.
                ZoCal member

              • James MacBurney
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                  David,
                  Count me in for 3.

                  I had the same thinking for the manhole covers so I bought extras to justify the shipping.  I think I have 6 extra sets of those, and will bring them to the next show(s) in case somebody wants them.
                  James

                  Sent from my iPad

                  On Jul 1, 2012, at 6:56 AM, zscaler <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

                  I have some of the manhole covers installed and am posting pictures on trainboard. The price is okay, but the shipping is ridiculously priced - more than one set of manhole covers! I am going to order some grates but will pick up the shipping if others want the grates or covers. I can hand them out at a show.
                  All they really need to do is scotch tape the order to a piece of tag board and put it in a regular envelope - one forever stamp.

                  David L.
                  ZoCal member

                • Loren Snyder
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                    James, I am lucky as I only have the woods and trees to stare at on my modules.  I save a lot of money on man hole covers  :o)

                    Loren

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                      That might be true Loren, but adding those pesky birds in the trees would break my bank account!
                      James

                      Sent from my iPad

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                        Yeah, you have a good point there.........plus feeding the little buggers is a royal pain.  They poop all over the track.
                        Clean up is a - - - - -.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                          Let me see if I have this right so far.

                          James - 3 grate sets
                          Don F. - 3 ?
                          Chuck G. - 2 grate sets?

                          Let me know exactly what you want please.

                          David L.
                          ZoCal
                        • Alexis
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                            David,

                            Did you receive my direct e-mail? Please order one set of each for me.

                            ThankZ,
                            Alex

                            --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "zscaler" <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

                            > Let me see if I have this right so far.
                            >
                            > James - 3 grate sets
                            > Don F. - 3 ?
                            > Chuck G. - 2 grate sets?
                            >
                            > Let me know exactly what you want please.
                            >
                            > David L.
                            > ZoCal
                          • David Lancaster

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                                David,
                                Correct for me. Thank you.

                                Chuck Gaskill

                                On Jul 1, 2012, at 8:14 PM, David Lancaster <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

                                And one set of each for Alex. Got the e-mail.

                                David L.
                                ZoCal

                                On Jul 1, 2012 8:00 PM, "zscaler" <zscaler1955@...> wrote:

                                Let me see if I have this right so far.

                                James - 3 grate sets
                                Don F. - 3 ?
                                Chuck G. - 2 grate sets?

                                Let me know exactly what you want please.

                                David L.
                                ZoCal

                              • Daniel Tompkins

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 16, 2012

                                    Last chance for orders. Putting in the order below on Wednesday.
                                    Chuck  sewer - 2.
                                    Don  2 of each.
                                    Alex 1 of each.
                                    Jim sewer - 3.
                                    Dan 3 of each.

                                    If you want to change your order or add an order - let me know.

                                    David L.
                                    ZoCal

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 1, 2012
                                      David,

                                      I received the storm-grates and manhole-covers today. Thank you for your help!

                                      Alex
                                    • David Lancaster
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Sep 1, 2012

                                        You are welcome.