Trade request from Ruddick

  • Lindley Ruddick
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
      Anyone willing to trade 2 X 110mm Rokuhan straight track sections for 1 X 220 mm one at the next get together? I need a couple of the 110mm and have only 220 ones.
      Lindley
    • Don Fedjur
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
        Elrod,

        I think that I can help you with that.

        Don

        Anyone willing to trade 2 X 110mm Rokuhan straight track sections for 1 X 220 mm one at the next get together? I need a couple of the 110mm and have only 220 ones.
        Lindley

      • Daniel Tompkins
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
          Lindley, just cut the 220 in half & BINGO you have two 110's....LOL Dan

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
            Dan: Yes, I thought of that but really did not want to cut out the notch for the plastic rail joiner and there is no way I could duplicate the nibs that keep it in place.  :)

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
              Oh Lindley,
               Whatever happened to the individual spirit of "scratch building" that we all grew up with. Handmade slot cars, 1/24 scale plastic model cars that we would never own, oh yes a sweet P 51D, but that is another story. As somebody once said " YES WE CAN' cut that track
              form that plastic road bed, or just raise the debt & let the kids pay for it!.....Dan

              Dan: Yes, I thought of that but really did not want to cut out the notch for the plastic rail joiner and there is no way I could duplicate the nibs that keep it in place.  :)

              On Mar 1, 2012, at 6:45 PM, Daniel Tompkins wrote:

              Lindley, just cut the 220 in half & BINGO you have two 110's....LOL Dan

              Anyone willing to trade 2 X 110mm Rokuhan straight track sections for 1 X 220 mm one at the next get together? I need a couple of the 110mm and have only 220 ones.
              Lindley

            • Loren Snyder
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
                Dan,

                You must stop and think for a moment......Lindley is now at that stage in life where the idea of bending over to tie his shoes terrifies him for fear he will fall over and can't get back up.  I can understand how the idea of cutting track would puzzle him to no end.

                We must give Lindley some slack at this point in time.

                Geritol is now Lindley's favorite password.

                Loren

[...]

                • John D. Duino