Re: Saturday at David's

  • trainssd
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
      I think I might take a little issue with the "chaos" part.

      We all showed up, but there was no plan agreed to, no teams assigned, and really no complete list of what was to be done.

      If you think about it, it would have been great to have those 3 items ahead of time.

      But that would have taken another meeting of people, and what, we had 9 people there. It would have taken another week of elapsed time to really put all that together.

      So there was about 25 minutes of milling about, looking at stuff, and informal talking about what and how.

      Then, magically, teams formed around tasks and the projects took off. Several people would even jump between teams.

      There was no arguing, no wasted time, just cooperation and a big team of people hauling ass in my opinion.

      There are a couple of people who I want to single out though, whenever I was working on something and "ran out of hands", all I had to say was "help" and Jeff or Jim or David were there immediately, even if it was something as mundane as being "human clamps"...

      I really enjoyed the time and the teamwork. The 25 minutes of "chaos" was merely the "jelling" of a plan out of a very nebulous project.

      Regards, Greg
    • Jeff Thompson
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012

        Sort of like the way we usually used to set up at shows…and I had a great time too.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
          Same here.......I am still seeing sparks flying!

          Don Fedjur
          mobile phone; 760-861-5161

          Sent from my iPhone mobile office.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2012
            --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "trainssd" <greg@...> wrote:

            > I think I might take a little issue with the "chaos" part.
            >
            > Regards, Greg

            That was the point. You guys plow through in spite of the chaos. That is what happened at Sacramento.

            CHAOS? What chaos.

            Where's Bill? He's holding down the chair. Gotta keep the chair from getting in the way. Tough job but someone's got to do it.

            Bill
            El Toro, CA
          • Don Fedjur
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2012
              Bill, at least you were not left holding the bag :-)

              Yeah.......we gotta do that again eh?

              The next get together needs to be for flipping the trailer on it's end and undercoating it. We need the man power to do so as you may guess.

              Also, there is a bit of woodworking and small details that need to happen. In including, tidy up wiring, retrofit legs (Lajos had a good idea there) install bubble levels on modules for those who want them installed. I will. E putti g them on the BFY.

              And I am sure there is more to come.

              On Feb 3, 2012, at 11:38 AM, "Billhko" <billhko@...> wrote:

              --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "trainssd" <greg@...> wrote:

              > I think I might take a little issue with the "chaos" part.
              >
              > Regards, Greg

              That was the point. You guys plow through in spite of the chaos. That is what happened at Sacramento.

              CHAOS? What chaos.

              Where's Bill? He's holding down the chair. Gotta keep the chair from getting in the way. Tough job but someone's got to do it.

              Bill
              El Toro, CA

            • David Lancaster
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012

                I got the center track ready for installing, but needed to treat the floor first. I got a coat of spar varnish on the floor today.
                Got the ceiling taped yesterday with the aluminum tape - looks good.

                David L.
                ZoCal