Re: [ZoCal] Re: Today at Alhambra

  • David Lancaster
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2011

      You forgot Burbank Dan was there.
      I liked how people would come in the room, see the layout and then say " This is Z scale? I have never seen Z scale before."

      David L.
      ZoCal

      On Apr 30, 2011 10:20 PM, "Lindley Ruddick" <elruddick@...> wrote:
      > Just a short note to add to Bill's notes. I got up at 4:45 AM today!!! We had a 9 module layout, all DCC plus the table top, sectional track DC set up. We were the entire layout show! Broke in my new cross over module and Jeff T.'s straight module. A big "thank you" to Jeff T. for getting professional help to square up the X. Worked great! John also had his fantastic track crossover, Y, yard entrance, whatever as a work in progress. A couple more emergency ends in reserve. Ran trains from 9AM until 4PM. More later (maybe).

      > New photo album labeled 2011 Alhambra Show. Add any photos you have.
      > Lindley

    • Bill Hoshiko
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2011
        Sorry Dan, it was way past my normal bed time at 9:00 pm.  Also I didn't have my usual afternoon nap. When you get old you find that you spend more time sleeping than awake.  I am pretty good at sleeping at my computer.

        Bill
        El Toro, CA

      • Danielalma@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2011
          That's OK Bill, I got there late, took a long lunch & left early. I wonder why I'm unemployed?

          Had a great time running trains & listening to David's Challenger grunting & growning.

          Congrat's to David D. for his model contest win! He really had the best model on display.

          Later, Burbank Dan
        • Lindley Ruddick
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2011
            Let it also be noted that Ron and Debbie Vaughn showed up. Amy Duino also put in an appearance.
            Lindley
          • jamesmacburney
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2011
              Little David helped me out by breaking in an SP SD40-2 and my RDC at the kiddie table, but I think he liked running the tiny Craft-S chassis best. I had setup some 95mm radius Rokuhan track to show off smallest of the small, but my Snail contoller got placed into service on the table's larger track layout. That controller ran all day on a single battery and was great with the 4v chassis.
              All this was going on while I was being taught by John to convert my expanding track pieces. Go team Duino!
              James