Re: ModuleZ GatheringZ Feb 12!

  • up_mike_v
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 1, 2011
      James you busy Friday??

      --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "jamesmacburney" <macburney@...> wrote:

      > I appreciate the help you and all the ZoCal-ers are giving me. And I'm happy to meet you at the LHS, except during SuperBowl! ;-)
      >
      > --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "up_mike_v" <md13236@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi James,
      > > I'm in Whittier if you need I have one of Don's Mod's that has no scenery on it yet we can meet up in Pasadena give me a reason to stop by the train shop lol.....
      > >
      > > --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "jamesmacburney" <macburney@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > John, I live in Pasadena, work in Burbank.
      > > > Next weekend is for cutting the parts for my first module, and hopefully some assembly. I got the knobs and stuff from Don at Anaheim (thanks Don!), so I'm good there, just missing the location info for the Zocal holes on the ends. Let me contact you next weekend after I start the construction - I'm sure a few questions will come out from that work.
      > > > Thanks, James

    • Jim Manley
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 10, 2011
        GreeTingZ Don,

        [ In my best/worst Yosemite Sam voice ] - "ooooOOOOO!!!  Ah _HATES_ them varmints!!!  Where's mah shotgun, ennyway???"

        The one thing that I did want to accomplish was showing everyone the fun and fantabulosity that's possible using Java Model Railroading Interface software with various and sundry electronical gadgetZ.  Bring along your iWidgetZ, AndroidZ, smartphoneZ, smartasseZ, tabletZ, tabloidZ, etc. (wish I could get my hands on one of them screamin' dual-processor Motorola Xoom tablets, but, at $800, I'm gonna wait an extra week after they hit the streets and are surpassed by whatever the next wild 'n crazy piece of e-candy will be coming out next.  It's been interesting watching Samsung Android-based Galaxy Tabs showing up at Costco just before the holidays for over $650, then dropping to $500 only a few weeks later, and it looks like they may be giving them away by the time NTS rolls around.

        All ZeeT BeZT,
        Jim

        To: ZoCal@yahoogroups.com
        From: donfedjur@...
        Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 01:37:32 -0500
        Subject: Re: [ZoCal] Re: ModuleZ GatheringZ Feb 12!

        You don't need no stinkin badge. Everybody already knows to refer to you as "John Muir"............aka Mr. Yosemite ..........or Yosemite Jim.

        We'll have to take a picture and send it to Greg who is too busy as usual for us Z-Scalers.

        Jim can you get us dialed in on the DCC tablet & wireless operation we need to figure out fer NTS planned operations?
        Don