Re: [ZoCal] Re: Ontario Big Train Show update 5/31/10 - attendees

  • donfedjur@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 1, 2010
      Jeff,

      When?........where?.......do you plan to pick up the modules I built for you? You'll have to come  by the house here. Are we still on for Thursday? or.............? Friday morning would be the other option. LMK so I can get it all ready and adjust my schedule.

      Don Fedjur

      From: "mike" <md13236@...>
      Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 02:12:46
      To: <ZoCal@yahoogroups.com>

      --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "elruddick" <elruddick@...> wrote:

      > I need to juggle some names for the Ontario Convention Center.
      > As a result I ASSUME the following people will NOT attend and have no need for parking passes.
      >
      > Justin Duino
      > Gary Hoffman
      > David Barnblatt
      > Brian Sides
      >
      > I will ADD the following people.
      > Robert Toole
      > Jeff Thompson
      > Jeff Merrill
      > Brandon Merrill
      >
      > The new list is:
      > Lindley Ruddick
      > John & Justin Duino
      > Don Fedjur
      > David Lancaster
      > Lajos Thek
      > Dan Tompkins
      > Bill Hoshiko
      > Robert Toole
      > Jeff Thompson
      > Jeff Merrill
      > Brandon Merrill

      Got room for 1 more??
      I do plan on being their Sunday only I got lots to learn from you Guys

    • John Duino
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 1, 2010
        It'll be John & David most times, not Justin, but I don't think David can even make it this time.

        I will be there Friday and Sunday, but can't make it Saturday due to my #(&^#$!*(@ work.

        John

        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 1, 2010

          Lindley,

          To confirm your assumption, I regret that I am not able to attend this BIG show with my small trains.

          Please carry on in my absence and send pictures.

          Best,

          Gary

          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 1, 2010

            Confirming, yes, I plan on being there Friday (to help however needed, 12 –5) and Saturday.  If there will be DC operation, I will bring a Marklin train.

            Jeff Thompson

          • nscaler@vzw.blackberry.net
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 1, 2010
              Jeff

              No DC there.
              We will supply trains for you to run.

              From: "Jeff Thompson" <jthompson178@...>
              Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:19:50 -0700
              To: <ZoCal@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010
                If you are only running DCC on both tracks, than there is no reason for me to drive from Hemet.  I only have DC but purchased a MTL GP-35 that could be chipped.

                Robert

                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010
                  We have engines you can run

                  From: Robert Toole <airforce_loadmaster@...>
                  Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
                  To: <ZoCal@yahoogroups.com>

                • sjbazman49@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010
                    the reason Robert and others want to come is run *their* trains. Just like the Nat'l Z Convention, we needed both DC and DCC tracks.

                    Jeff
                    SF Bay Area Z

                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    From: nscaler@...
                    Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:14:56 +0000
                    To: ZoCal<ZoCal@yahoogroups.com>

                    We have engines you can run

                    From: Robert Toole <airforce_loadmaster@...>
                    Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
                    To: <ZoCal@yahoogroups.com>

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010
                      Oooo I see the weekend temps out there are going to 100. Whoohoa! Pool party time.

                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                      From: Robert Toole <airforce_loadmaster@...>
                      Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
                      To: <ZoCal@yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010
                        Bring your GP-35.......put in a TCS decoder, and now you can run your TCS equipped GP-35 on BOTH DC and DCC. Join the party. Together we stand, decided we fall. Or....at least we'll miss you.

                        Don Fedjur

                        Sent from my iPhone mobile office.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010
                          GreeTingZ All,

                          I predicted this day would come, and now it hath.  "What hath Dog wrought?", indeed ( .--   ....   .-   -     ....   .-   -   ....     -..   ---   --.     .--   .-.   ---   ..-   --.   ....   -    ..--..  ;)  The more famous variation of this message was first sent from B&O's Mount Clare Station in Baltimore, via B&O's right-of-way, to the Capitol Building on May 24, 1844, BTW.

                          Beware what you wish for - it could come true!

                          Doesn't Lindley, or someone else there, have a magic module with a switch for each track to allow manual separation of DC trainZ by cutting the power to the track momentarily?  You guyZ have enough moduleZ that you could easily run two layoutZ in tandem, butted up against one another; one DCC, and the other DC, each having a turnaround going in opposite directions where they're joined, or, have two separate (but equal, of course :) layoutZ that aren't physically connected.

                          Ah, the whirring-humming of little wheels on nickel-plate!  Have a fun show, however the power is routed!

                          All ZeeT BeZT,
                          Jim

                          To: ZoCal@yahoogroups.com

                          From: nscaler@vzw. blackberry. net
                          Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:14:56 +0000
                          To: ZoCal<ZoCal@yahoogroups. com>

                          We have engines you can runSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

                          From: Robert Toole <airforce_loadmaster @...>
                          Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: <ZoCal@yahoogroups. com>

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010

                            Didn’t mean to stir things up.  I will be there, DC or no DC, starting on Friday to help set up.  Just wanted to know if I should bring my one and only (so far) train.

                            Jeff Thompson

                            From: nscaler@...

                            Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:14:56 +0000

                            To: ZoCal<ZoCal@yahoogroups.com>

                            We have engines you can runSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

                            From: Robert Toole <airforce_loadmaster@...>

                            Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:13:05 -0700 (PDT)

                            To: <ZoCal@yahoogroups.com>

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
                              Better to bring..........than NOT.

                              If Gary was coming, he can bring the snowed layout module. Round and round. Now if Manley was coming, he'd have the DC layout to keep the fun meter pegged.

                              Just like golf, arrive and drive!

                              Don Fedjur

                              From: nscaler@vzw. blackberry. net
                              Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:14:56 +0000
                              To: ZoCal<ZoCal@yahoogroups. com>

                              We have engines you can runSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

                              From: Robert Toole <airforce_loadmaster @...>
                              Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
                              To: <ZoCal@yahoogroups. com>

                              Message 14 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010

                                Don,

                                If I get you the Winter Wonderland module this evening, can you take it up to Ontario?

                                It has a DC (or whatever) loop on the upper level.

                                Gary

                                Message 15 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
                                  No.....who wants winter in the summer?

                                  But.....maybe we need anoter one like it, cuz it is a big hit. Like a logging or army train.

                                  To be continued.

                                  Don Fedjur
                                  mobile phone; 760-861-5161

                                  On Jun 3, 2010, at 10:42 AM, "Hoffman, Gary" <ghoffman@...> wrote:

                                  Don,

                                  If I get you the Winter Wonderland module this evening, can you take it up to Ontario?

                                  It has a DC (or whatever) loop on the upper level.

                                  Gary

                                  If Gary was coming, he can bring the snowed layout module. Round and round. Now if Manley was coming, he'd have the DC layout to keep the fun meter pegged.

                                  Just like golf, arrive and drive!

                                  Don Fedjur

                                • Gary Hoffman