June Big Train Show update 4/2/10

  • elruddick
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
      Below is the email for BTS along with my reply.
      Any thoughts?
      Lindley

      Angela,
      Thank you for the correspondence. As you are aware we participated last year.
      I have a few questions that I am sure will be asked by other ZoCal members.
      1. I ASSUME Friday will be for vendor set up with no layout set up. We obviously prefer Friday set up as ZoCal members come from as far as Ventura and San Diego. They usually stay over night. A Thursday set up will add to their expenses and may result in their non-participation.
      2. Since each person is responsible for their own modules, it is next to impossible for all members to show up at the same time. We do not have a club trailer.
      3. Will there be free parking or will we have to pay for parking?
      Lindley

      On Apr 2, 2010, at 1:27 PM, The Big Train Show wrote:

      Dear Lindely,

      Thank you very much for signing up to bring your club layout to the Big Train Show 2010! This is to confirm Zo CAL will bring in a 30ft x30ft modular to the show.

      All layouts set up is scheduled for Thursday, 6/3/2010 from 8am to 10pm. In order to avoid traffic in the loading dock area, each layout will be allowed 1 hour unloading time at the loading dock. We will accept up to 3 groups at one time starting 8am. Please contact me at your earliest convenience for your preferred unloading time. The sign up time will be on first come first serve bases.

      In appreciation of your attendance, the Big Train will offer an honorarium to Zo CAL in terms of food vouchers from the Ontario Convention Center food & beverage outlets. Each Zo CAL volunteer/worker will received $10.00 voucher per day on Saturday and Sunday. The vouchers can be redeemed at any concession area in the Ontario Convention Center during show time. The voucher is good for any food and beverage, except alcoholic beverages.

      There are 12 volunteers/workers listed on your registration form, therefore you will be issued (24) $10.00 vouchers. These vouchers will be available for pick up on Thursday, 6/3/2010 at our Service Desk in Exhibit Hall A.

      Please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or further assistance.

      We are looking forward to seeing you again in June!

      Angela

      Angela Hui
      Show Manager
      Big Train Show
      Phone: 909-937-3037
    • nscaler@vzw.blackberry.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
        Is this a three show? Strange way to set up too. I remember it being the only place with no drive in allowed. And we had to be on ”the list” too. Wait for a response first.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
            Angela replied in just a few minutes. See below.
            Looks good to me. It is a two day show.
            I suspect we will straggle in on Friday afternoon/evening and set up.
            I will NOT be there Saturday but will be there Friday and Sunday.
            Lindley

            Hi Lindley,
            For your questions:
            1. Layouts are welcome to set up on Friday also. We simply want to avoid traffic at the loading dock on both days, so we are hoping all layouts trailers can at least drop off their items on Thursday. If you do not have any trailers, that's definitely more helpful
            2. So, are your members planning to come individually on Friday to set up?
            3. All your volunteers will receive free parking during the event.
            Let me know if all of you are coming on Friday, so I can advice our Event Manager.
            THANKS!
            Angela

          • nscaler@vzw.blackberry.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
              Count me in!

              David L.
              ZoCal

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
                Lindley,

                I'll be there. Looks like we'll do the overnight again for two nites, Holiday Inn at the convention center or the HI Express a couple three miles away, same as last time.

                So.......rendezvous for lunch and set-up on Friday............run trains all dayZZZZ.

                We need to have some of the newbies participate...........you know who you are, put the date on the calendar.Chime in!

                Don Fedjur

> [...]

                > In appreciation of your attendance, the Big Train will offer an honorarium to Zo CAL in terms of food vouchers from the Ontario Convention Center food & beverage outlets. Each Zo CAL volunteer/worker will received $10.00 voucher per day on Saturday and Sunday. The vouchers can be redeemed at any concession area in the Ontario Convention Center during show time. The voucher is good for any food and beverage, except alcoholic beverages.
                >
                > There are 12 volunteers/workers listed on your registration form, therefore you will be issued (24) $10.00 vouchers. These vouchers will be available for pick up on Thursday, 6/3/2010 at our Service Desk in Exhibit Hall A.
                >
                > Please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or further assistance.
                >
                > We are looking forward to seeing you again in June!

              • Loren Snyder
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
                  Lindley,

                  Good job of taking the bull by the horns and taking care of pressing issues for you ZoCal boys.  I hope Angela will make concessions for you so that you may set up on Friday.  It would be to her advantage anyway as no other layouts would be in the set up process.

                  I'll bet my two nickels that Angela will accommodate you folks and see to it that you are taken care of.

                  I appreciate your "mothering" of ZoCal and I'm sure the others do too.

                  Now, they just better take good care of you and  make sure you get first in line.......   :o)

                  Loren

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
                    GreeTingZ Lindley y Los Otros Hombres del ZudCal,

                    I would like to attend, and free parking is enough for me, if twelve other people show up with an appetite before I arrive!  I might not arrive until late Friday and, if that's the case, I'll just set up whatever will fit in the way of BYOZ first thing Saturday.

                    Too bad the San Bernardino show is the weekend after the Z Convention in Medford and the Brea show - that looked like it was in a nice venue, even if it did require setup at Zero Dark Early (but, hey, it features an actual, mythical Free Lunch!  What's not to like??? :)

                    All ZeeT BeZT,
                    Jim

                    To: ZoCal@yahoogroups.com