RE: [ZoCal] WGH on Tour update 9/30/09

  • Jim Manley
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
      GreeTingZ Don, Lindley, and Mi Otros AmigoZ del ZoCal,

      I plan to be there, with up to ten of my new moduleZ - got the frames for seven of them built (honest! - Jeff and David L can attest to their existence in Jeff's garage! ;) with three more to go, and two have track laid, so progress, however slight, has been sufficient to complete the crime.  I hope to have the other three frames done within the next few weeks, have track laid by our exhiBAZion at the Pleasanton GTE (I do have MicroTrack that can be tossed on as a temporary placeholder and for experimentation in the meantime) and, with any luck, at least some of them will get scenery (something more colorful than "plywood plains") over the holidays and the weekends leading up to the WGH show.  I'll provide more detailed reality as I potentially make progress toward the above goals, but, I've gotten more benchwork done in the last three months than in the previous 40 years (not counting the Not-Ready-for-Prime-Time miniModuleZ that are awaiting installation of slip hinges that I'm having to fabricate from modified stock hinges, as the slip hinges of yesteryear no longer seem to exist, much less be available to buy).

      Anyone else?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

      All ZeeT BeZT,
      Jim

      To: ZoCal@yahoogroups.com
      From: donfedjur@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 00:53:14 -0400
      Subject: Re: [ZoCal] WGH on Tour update 9/30/09

      way cool........ ....it's on my calendar.... ....

      anybody else........ ....?

      write up them there names Lindley.

      Don Fedjur
      7766 Anillo Way