Re: New skirt material SKU info needed

  • Lajos Thek
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
      --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "Lindley Ruddick" <elruddick@...> wrote:

      > Checked my Jo-Ann's today...
      > They have a similar black material SKU 086-5790 in good supply.
      > What say you ZoCalers? Black?

      I'll be near the L.A. Fashion District this morning.
      If I can't find 50 yards of blue (or cheap black), let
      you know. As you see, I'm OK with black, it's better
      than the plastic crap. We can wrap the layout black on
      the outside (BAZ is black too) and blue on the inside.

      Lajos
    • sjbazman49@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
        Looks like you guys might be all 'beaten up' being black & blue :)

        Jeff
        > They have a similar black material SKU 086-5790 in good supply.
        > What say you ZoCalers? Black?

        I'll be near the L.A. Fashion District this morning.
        If I can't find 50 yards of blue (or cheap black), let
        you know. As you see, I'm OK with black, it's better
        than the plastic crap. We can wrap the layout black on
        the outside (BAZ is black too) and blue on the inside.

        Lajos

        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
      • Bill Hoshiko
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
          Lajos has just reported that he purchased all of the skirt material that we needed.  He also purchased some black for the BAZ Boys.

          Price is a fraction of what was originally quoted.  Lajos is the man.

          Bill
          El Toro, CA

          Looks like you guys might be all 'beaten up' being black & blue :)

          Jeff
          > They have a similar black material SKU 086-5790 in good supply.
          > What say you ZoCalers? Black?

          I'll be near the L.A. Fashion District this morning.
          If I can't find 50 yards of blue (or cheap black), let
          you know. As you see, I'm OK with black, it's better
          than the plastic crap. We can wrap the layout black on
          the outside (BAZ is black too) and blue on the inside.

          Lajos

          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        • Lindley Ruddick
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
            We have ALL known that for quite some time!

            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
              Except for our skirts our done. And pleated. But as we grow, why not take advantage of Lajos's more femanine side.

              Jeff

              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

              Looks like you guys might be all 'beaten up' being black & blue :)

              Jeff
              > They have a similar black material SKU 086-5790 in good supply.
              > What say you ZoCalers? Black?

              I'll be near the L.A. Fashion District this morning.
              If I can't find 50 yards of blue (or cheap black), let
              you know. As you see, I'm OK with black, it's better
              than the plastic crap. We can wrap the layout black on
              the outside (BAZ is black too) and blue on the inside.

              Lajos

              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

            • Matthew Petach
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008

                If I recall correctly, Loren was saying he could use some skirts,
                if he doesn't mind being clad in black around the legs.  ^_^

                Matt

                Looks like you guys might be all 'beaten up' being black & blue :)

                Jeff
                > They have a similar black material SKU 086-5790 in good supply.
                > What say you ZoCalers? Black?

                I'll be near the L.A. Fashion District this morning.
                If I can't find 50 yards of blue (or cheap black), let
                you know. As you see, I'm OK with black, it's better
                than the plastic crap. We can wrap the layout black on
                the outside (BAZ is black too) and blue on the inside.

                Lajos

                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

              • Jim Manley
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                  GreetingZ GroupieZ,

                  Jeff, you mean take advantage of Lajos' offer to sell himself in a skirt, cheap?  Must be one of those West Hollyweird thingZ, or, maybe even downtown Hollyweird, come to think of it.  I just hope he isn't part of a sting operation targeted at "innocent" visitors in the model railroad "business", just looking for a good time in the big city ;)

                  BTW, if anyone is going to be watching the Huntington Beach fireworks on Friday night with 100,000 of their closest friends, or, has nothing better to do and is looking for some cheap laughs, you might recognize the announcer's voice over the PA system there.  It's prerecorded, but, a friend who runs a recording studio up here needed a favor, and I happened to be the only one in the vicinity who was able to produce something distantly approaching the Movie Time guy's sound ("For a roman candle, dial One!  For an M-80, dial Two!  For a starburst, dial Three! ... " :)  Another notch in my belt on my way to achieving Renaissance Man status, since the last one died 400+ years ago.  He dices!  He slices!  He's the Banana PC Junior 4000!

                  All Z BeZt,
                  Jim

                  To: ZoCal@yahoogroups.com
                  From: sjbazman49@...
                  Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:08:45 +0000

                  Except for our skirts our done. And pleated. But as we grow, why not take advantage of Lajos's more femanine side.

                  Jeff

                  The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.
                • Jeff
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                    I have extra.  About 30 yds worth.  First black mummy ?

                    Jeff
                    SF Bay Area Z

                    If I recall correctly, Loren was saying he could use some skirts,
                    if he doesn't mind being clad in black around the legs.  ^_^

                    Matt

                    Looks like you guys might be all 'beaten up' being black & blue :)

                    Jeff
                    > They have a similar black material SKU 086-5790 in good supply.
                    > What say you ZoCalers? Black?

                    I'll be near the L.A. Fashion District this morning.
                    If I can't find 50 yards of blue (or cheap black), let
                    you know. As you see, I'm OK with black, it's better
                    than the plastic crap. We can wrap the layout black on
                    the outside (BAZ is black too) and blue on the inside.

                    Lajos

                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                  • Loren
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                      We're going to look for dark green for our skirting material.  Goes with the local.......
                      Loren

                      I have extra.  About 30 yds worth.  First black mummy ?

                      Jeff
                      SF Bay Area Z

                      If I recall correctly, Loren was saying he could use some skirts,
                      if he doesn't mind being clad in black around the legs.  ^_^

                      Matt

                      Looks like you guys might be all 'beaten up' being black & blue :)

                      Jeff
                      > They have a similar black material SKU 086-5790 in good supply.
                      > What say you ZoCalers? Black?

                      I'll be near the L.A. Fashion District this morning.
                      If I can't find 50 yards of blue (or cheap black), let
                      you know. As you see, I'm OK with black, it's better
                      than the plastic crap. We can wrap the layout black on
                      the outside (BAZ is black too) and blue on the inside.

                      Lajos

                      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                    • John Duino
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                        I thought pinko was more Oregon's color? :)

                        > We're going to look for dark green for our skirting material. Goes with
                        > the local.......
                        > Loren
                      • Loren
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                          Pink is the color of San Francisco.

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                            In a parallel universe, it would be nice to silkscreened a logo every 4 feet or so on the skirting as it flows around the layout. Maybe for next year.

                            Best,
                            Gary

                            P.S. Are the BAZ Boys really gathered and pleated?

                            Z Gauge: The biggest thing in small scale model railroading.

                          • Jeff
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                              Yep, pleated.  And 100% fire retardant.   Flame on !

                              Jeff
                              SF Bay Area Z

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                                Hmmm now that's something you don't see every day....

                                a skirt from SF that doesn't flame!

                                Does it swish? :)

                                > Yep, pleated. And 100% fire retardant. Flame on !
                              • Gary
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 26, 2011
                                  I'm going to finish the module skirting I bought some time ago. I have the Velcro, too.
                                  Can somebody tell me the official ZoCal hem length, top to bottom?

                                  Thanks,
                                  Gary
                                • Danielalma@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 26, 2011