(non)Work party

  • John Duino
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
      In prep for Fullerton Railroad Days, and cuz we need some preshow
      motivation, we need to have another get-together soon. Best weekend for me
      is April 19-20, either day. If you can believe this, as of right now, I
      have absolutely NOTHING scheduled for either day (but don't count on it to
      stay that way!)

      So let me know..let's get a vote! Let's get some slathering done!

      John
    • Bill Hoshiko
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
        If I can beg borrow or steal a car, I'll be there.

        Bill
        El Toro, CA

        --- John Duino <jduino@...> wrote:

        > In prep for Fullerton Railroad Days, and cuz we need
        > some preshow
        > motivation, we need to have another get-together
        > soon. Best weekend for me
        > is April 19-20, either day. If you can believe this,
        > as of right now, I
        > have absolutely NOTHING scheduled for either day
        > (but don't count on it to
        > stay that way!)
        >
        > So let me know..let's get a vote! Let's get some
        > slathering done!
        >
        > John

      • loren snyder
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
          --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:

          > In prep for Fullerton Railroad Days,

          John,
          Can't get an answer from you in private email, so maybe you'll see
          this note.
          Did you read my email about canceling my order for the wiring harnesses?
          I might as well get them direct from Chad and save you the hassle.
          If you have already ordered them, then that is fine too. Just trying
          to save you some extra effort.

          Loren
        • John Duino
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 3, 2008
            Oh cool, thank you. I just got home and was looking it up :) Obviously I
            sent him a lengthy email but received nothing back (yet).

            John

            > Hi John,
            >
            > I found that new guys message and emailed him to get
            > in contact with me. We will see if he does.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Bill
            > El Toro, CA
          • Lajos Thek
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 6, 2008
              --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:

              > ...we need to have another get-together soon. Best weekend
              > for me is April 19-20, either day.

              ...And cut your own roadbed. I just completed a cutting device
              to make nice roadbed on the easy way. (See "Photos", "All kind
              of stuff by Lajos" folder.) The test was successful, I made 80
              LF of roadbed, but this quantity needed for the "X", and the
              two "T"s. I'll pick up three 1/8" and one 1/16" rolls by
              the "sweatshop" event, the device will be available for
              all members to cut their own roadbed. Also, they'll have the
              chance to contribute some cash to my long time "red" hobby
              account. I've added a few more photos to the same folder.
              My new Module TrainZporter has room for three levels of various
              modules, I just need to make a couple of shelves.
              Another subject, the almost Z-scale chainlink fence. The scale
              is 1:190, right between N and Z. It's brass (blackened for the
              little mock-up), and transparent enough to recognize the objects
              behind .

              Lajos
            • John Duino
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 7, 2008
                Hey, I'm up for it! If I'm crazy enough to put in the time and effort to
                clean my garage, convince the wife this is a good thing, and do it
                repeatedly, a little sweatshop is the least of MY worries!

                Let's do it! Let's cut cork! Let's lay track! Let's run some trains! Let's
                slather some paint!

                John

                > --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> ...we need to have another get-together soon. Best weekend
                >> for me is April 19-20, either day.
                >
                > ...And cut your own roadbed. I just completed a cutting device
                > to make nice roadbed on the easy way. (See "Photos", "All kind
                > of stuff by Lajos" folder.) The test was successful, I made 80
                > LF of roadbed, but this quantity needed for the "X", and the
                > two "T"s. I'll pick up three 1/8" and one 1/16" rolls by
                > the "sweatshop" event, the device will be available for
                > all members to cut their own roadbed. Also, they'll have the
                > chance to contribute some cash to my long time "red" hobby
                > account. I've added a few more photos to the same folder.
                > My new Module TrainZporter has room for three levels of various
                > modules, I just need to make a couple of shelves.
                > Another subject, the almost Z-scale chainlink fence. The scale
                > is 1:190, right between N and Z. It's brass (blackened for the
                > little mock-up), and transparent enough to recognize the objects
                > behind .
                >
                > Lajos
              • Loren
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 7, 2008
                  Well John,
                  Why don't you just make the rest of us jealous? Finding time to
                  train............very hard

                  Lucky guys,
                  Loren

                  > Hey, I'm up for it! If I'm crazy enough to put in the time and effort to
                  > clean my garage, convince the wife this is a good thing, and do it
                  > repeatedly, a little sweatshop is the least of MY worries!
                  >
                  > Let's do it! Let's cut cork! Let's lay track! Let's run some trains! Let's
                  > slather some paint!
                  >
                  > John
                  >
                  >> --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:
                  >>>
                  >>> ...we need to have another get-together soon. Best weekend
                  >>> for me is April 19-20, either day.
                  >>
                  >> ...And cut your own roadbed. I just completed a cutting device
                  >> to make nice roadbed on the easy way. (See "Photos", "All kind
                  >> of stuff by Lajos" folder.) The test was successful, I made 80
                  >> LF of roadbed, but this quantity needed for the "X", and the
                  >> two "T"s. I'll pick up three 1/8" and one 1/16" rolls by
                  >> the "sweatshop" event, the device will be available for
                  >> all members to cut their own roadbed. Also, they'll have the
                  >> chance to contribute some cash to my long time "red" hobby
                  >> account. I've added a few more photos to the same folder.
                  >> My new Module TrainZporter has room for three levels of various
                  >> modules, I just need to make a couple of shelves.
                  >> Another subject, the almost Z-scale chainlink fence. The scale
                  >> is 1:190, right between N and Z. It's brass (blackened for the
                  >> little mock-up), and transparent enough to recognize the objects
                  >> behind .
                  >>
                  >> Lajos

                • Bill Hoshiko
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 7, 2008
                    What was the day that you didn't have to disappear for
                    a few hours. That would be that I choose.

                    Bill
                    El Toro, CA

                  • John Duino
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 7, 2008
                      The day I had to disappear briefly was LAST saturday, so it's gone
                      WHOOSH'ing by (just like most of my deadlines...)

                      As of now I've still kept both the 19th and 20th wide open...either is fine.

                      John

                    • Lajos Thek
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 8, 2008
                        --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:

                        > As of now I've still kept both the 19th and 20th wide
                        > open...either is fine.

                        Both days work for me too. Let others decide which one
                        will be picked, but where are you guyZ? Lindley, Bob,
                        David, Steve, Dan, ...new members..., and anyone from
                        San Diego? There are moduleZ without caring handZ.

                        Lajos
                      • Lindley Ruddick
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 9, 2008
                          Either 19 or 20 works for me. I would prefer Sunday the 20th but no
                          big deal.
                          Does anyone need to place a STYROFOAM order for pick up at John's?
                          Yes Lajos, I would like to "cut roadbed" and hopefully not draw blood.
                          The roadbed would be for my end modules. Also what brand of ballast
                          did you use and where did you obtain it?
                          I would also like to RUN some trains. I have 2 MTL F7 SP BW from eBay
                          that "run" but not sure how well. One is pretty good and the other is
                          so so. I have disassebled it a couple of times, cleaned gears, checked
                          electrical contacts, etc. It is MUCH slower that the other unit. Heat
                          build up does not seem much different than the "good" one. Plan is to
                          always double end them so I am interested in Lajo's lash up for his UP
                          units. I made the "error in judgment" of disassebling a coupler on one
                          of the trucks and can't get it back togther. I need 20/05 vision and 3
                          very small hands! LOL!!
                        • John Duino
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 9, 2008
                            So far you are the only one to express any sort of preference for dates,
                            so you may cast the deciding vote.

                            I still have a decent warehouse of foam, unless somebody needs a whole lot!

                            Have you considered putting wheelwipers (and DCC'ing and LED'ing) your
                            F7's? I have stuff for all that for mine but I haven't bit that bullet
                            yet. But everyone swears by the wipers.

                            Hopefully SOMEBODY will speak up soon for a decisive vote. I doubt my wife
                            will allow me TWO days of "train geeks" at the house :) Who am I kidding?
                            Doubt? There NO WAY she would put up with it.

                            John

                            > Either 19 or 20 works for me. I would prefer Sunday the 20th but no
                            > big deal.
                            > Does anyone need to place a STYROFOAM order for pick up at John's?
                            > Yes Lajos, I would like to "cut roadbed" and hopefully not draw blood.
                            > The roadbed would be for my end modules. Also what brand of ballast
                            > did you use and where did you obtain it?
                            > I would also like to RUN some trains. I have 2 MTL F7 SP BW from eBay
                            > that "run" but not sure how well. One is pretty good and the other is
                            > so so. I have disassebled it a couple of times, cleaned gears, checked
                            > electrical contacts, etc. It is MUCH slower that the other unit. Heat
                            > build up does not seem much different than the "good" one. Plan is to
                            > always double end them so I am interested in Lajo's lash up for his UP
                            > units. I made the "error in judgment" of disassebling a coupler on one
                            > of the trucks and can't get it back togther. I need 20/05 vision and 3
                            > very small hands! LOL!!
                          • David Barnblatt
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 9, 2008
                              I think sunday will work for me as well.

                              David

                              On Apr 9, 2008, at 11:55 AM, John Duino wrote:
[...]

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                  Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:

                            • Lindley Ruddick
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 9, 2008
                                OK, Sunday April 20 it is.
                                Time? How about 11:00 at John's?
                                If it is "hot" I hope John will drag out the "shade module"
                                Not sure what we do if it is "cold"
                                For you non-ZoCal residents - hot is defined as over 80 in the sun and
                                cold is defined as under 60 in the shade! LOL
                              • John Duino
                                Message 15 of 16 , Apr 10, 2008
                                  Sunday it is.

                                  I'm going to say even earlier, 9am or so, since everyone else tends to
                                  show up 2+ hours late.

                                  In my wife's world, hot is anything over 75, and cold is anything under 75.
                                  I have two shades, bring more if you have 'em and we can circus tent the
                                  entire driveway.

                                  John

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 10, 2008