Re: Cardboard modules - HELP!!!

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 13, 2006
      Hi Lajos,

      I hope that you found a place to store your boards.

      Maybe you already finished a module or two by now.

      I just thought that I would post something to show that the group is
      still not quite dead.

      I can not find any information about any train shows that might be
      happening in Southern California through the end of this year. The
      only one may be is the one in Del Mar but there is still no online
      confirmation of this.

      The SF Bay area still seems to be active but nothing is happening
      down here.

      Maybe some of the other modular clubs in So Cal have better
      information.

      As for myself, I have been having dizzy spells and my doctor doesn't
      know why. Everything checks out that I am OK but my brain is not co-
      operating. My brain thinks that I am standig on Jim's boat and Jim's
      boat is floating in the Gulf of Mexico. That gives me an idea, maybe
      some Dramamine (sp) will help. Or, I can ask my doctor for an ear
      patch.

      The new Yahoo groups functions isn't helping much either.

      Otherwise everything else is the same. The pile of train stuff on my
      work bench looks just like it looked 4 months ago. Only now it is
      covered with a lot of non train stuff.

      Bill H
      El Toro, CA
    • randy smidt
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 13, 2006

        "I can not find any information about any train shows that might be
        happening in Southern California through the end of this year. The
        only one may be is the one in Del Mar but there is still no online
        confirmation of this."

        Bill,

        Check the Great Train Expo website:

        It is shown as 12 - 2&3 on the Fall schedule of shows now.

        Randy Smidt
      • loren snyder
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 13, 2006
          --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@...> wrote:

          > Bill,
          > Check the Great Train Expo website:
          > http://www.greattrainexpo.com/
          > It is shown as 12 - 2&3 on the Fall schedule of shows now.
          > Randy Smidt

          Randy,
          And here I thought I had clear until next February for the Portland
          show to get ready. Now I have to put the pressure on the track
          foreman to get ready for San Jose. Well, I was getting tired of
          reruns on TV anyway.
          Loren
        • John Duino
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 13, 2006
            Well, they're not over here...whatever happened with those, Lajos? I'm
            finally done with all my baseball playing and coaching (for a couple
            months, anyway) so I'm anxious to start working on something new. As
            always, if you need any help please let me know and I'll do what I can
            (even if it's only volunteering somebody else to do the dirty work :)

            John

            > Hi Lajos,
            >
            > I hope that you found a place to store your boards.
            >
            > Maybe you already finished a module or two by now.
            >
            > I just thought that I would post something to show that the group is
            > still not quite dead.
            >
            > I can not find any information about any train shows that might be
            > happening in Southern California through the end of this year. The
            > only one may be is the one in Del Mar but there is still no online
            > confirmation of this.
            >
            > The SF Bay area still seems to be active but nothing is happening
            > down here.
            >
            > Maybe some of the other modular clubs in So Cal have better
            > information.
            >
            > As for myself, I have been having dizzy spells and my doctor doesn't
            > know why. Everything checks out that I am OK but my brain is not co-
            > operating. My brain thinks that I am standig on Jim's boat and Jim's
            > boat is floating in the Gulf of Mexico. That gives me an idea, maybe
            > some Dramamine (sp) will help. Or, I can ask my doctor for an ear
            > patch.
            >
            > The new Yahoo groups functions isn't helping much either.
            >
            > Otherwise everything else is the same. The pile of train stuff on my
            > work bench looks just like it looked 4 months ago. Only now it is
            > covered with a lot of non train stuff.
            >
            > Bill H
            > El Toro, CA

          • Bill Hoshiko
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 13, 2006
              Thanks Randy,

              I have been checking on it off and on and the last time that I looked I
              didn't find anything.

              We will have to plan for that show. It is about an hours drive south
              from my house.

              Bill H.
              El Toro, CA
            • Lajos Thek
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
                --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:

                > Well, they're not over here...whatever happened with those, Lajos?

                John,

                Please send me an e-mail with a phone number,
                so we can discuss the delivery and storage
                of panels. I need to call the manufacturer,
                hopefully they made the phenolic version
                already, so we can have them in a week.

                Lajos
              • Lajos Thek
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
                  --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Hoshiko" <billhko@...> wrote:

                  > We will have to plan for that show.

                  I stopped taking pre orders on zthek stuff, so
                  I'll have time to do models. I'm planning to
                  complete the DCC version of my European layout
                  and a few other things by the time of the show...
                  (Modules too?)

                  Lajos
                • Robert Toole
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
                    Lajos,

                    If you need any assistance, I would be willing to drive in from Hemet for a few hours in the middle of the day during the week to assist.  I just don't want to become a stastic on the 91 during rush period.

                    Robert

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
                      --- In ZoCal@yahoogroups.com, Robert Toole <airforce_loadmaster@...>
                      wrote:

                      > ...I would be willing to drive in from Hemet for a
                      > few hours in the middle of the day during the week
                      > to assist.

                      Robert,

                      Thanks for the generous offer, but during the week
                      I still have to work in my full time job. I'm not
                      lucky enough (yet?) to run a successful Z-scale
                      model train business that profitable enough to
                      pay my bills. Actually I'm slowly moving away from
                      the part time manufacturing (new age slavery?) to
                      have some time for modeling and layout building.

                      Lajos