Google Earth Imagery Update - Wow

  • Glenn Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2013
      I was looking at some of my GPS routes this morning that I overlaid in Google Earth and noticed that they have new imagery dated April, 2013. The resolution is amazing; must be at least double that of the last set from 2011.

      For example: you can actually see the boulder obstacle in The Barracks..the spillage and everything. Wow.
    • glennlray
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2013

        Well now I'm bummed.

        On one hand, the northwest section of Zion (north of South Guardian Angel up to Kolob Canyons) has new imagery (June 2013).  Looks fantastic.

        On the other hand, some new topographic data has been added to the area and it is all fouled up.  Look at the East Temple and the Highway 9/Parunuweap Canyon area...the canyon areas are too shallow and they'll all shifted.  One interesting upshot is that the little peak south of Crazy Quilt actually shows up now.  Huh.