Engelstead 2-9-13

  • RAM
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 5:50 AM
      We did a February 9th run thru Engelstead and out Orderville

      Pictures just from Englestead. The Orderville pictures will follow. When driving up top, we only got stuck once. Nice one Kip. We took the ATV trail down toward the canyon and some of but slide the steep slope. Kip tried to both..... side step, then fall, then slide, then remain on the ground making funny faces, lamenting a screaming tailbone.

      The rap series at top took some time and many of us got a chill. The icefall near the bottom on the 2nd rap was breaking away under our little rapping feet and was dangerous. The first falls was not continuous so no 300 foot line existed, but great ice was up high and OK ice down low. Past the raps, the snow fell and the canyon was deeper in snow. Hollow ice plates broke under the leaders weight, feeling like you had fallen 4 feet. It was usually two feet, but your belly said it was further. We had to stay in the watercourse and rappel at Englestead and Orderville confluence, insrtead of the snow ledge which was out of condition. Pretty cool down that way. We were in Orderville before 1 PM and it was snow filled......to be continued.

      https://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/Englestead2913?noredirect=1

      and some videos

      https://picasaweb.google.com/108034287150978265447/EngelsteadOrdervilleVideos