snow levels, spring runoff

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2013
      Anybody in the greater Zion area have intel on snow levels or predictions on the spring run-off this year? I've been looking at the Kolob snow depth reports as a random gauge; I know a lot can happen in the next month, but the numbers make it look like this year is fairly average?

      Current depth: ~60 inches. Last year (a low snow, quick runoff year) at this time: 36. Big snow years 2005, 2010: 115, 94.

      http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/site?sitenum=561&state=UT