Re: Are horse trip running in April?

  • TomJones
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2013
      Not many of us here take the horse rides...

      Here is the website for that. Sounds like they open in March.

      http://www.canyonrides.com/

      There might also be rides available in Virgin, UT, at the Makuntaweap resort up on the East side.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
        Many years back (at my wife's insistence), we did the Canyon Trail Rides half day. It was a pleasant jaunt through the Sandbench Loop, a trail that I wouldn't have otherwise chosen to hike. It was good scenery, although the sand that gets kicked up was a bit much for me. Considering that I'm not a horse person at all, I still had a fun time.

        More recently, we were hiking past the lodge and saw one of the horse tours go by. I asked the leader if Buttercup the Mule was still around and sure enough there he was several horses/mules back. It was nice to see my old pal again after about six years!

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "TomJones" <ratagonia@...> wrote:

        > Not many of us here take the horse rides...
        >
        > Here is the website for that. Sounds like they open in March.
        >
        > http://www.canyonrides.com/
        >
        > There might also be rides available in Virgin, UT, at the Makuntaweap resort up on the East side.
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jim.grob" <jkbogrob@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hoping to take my daughter on the half day trip....will they be open in April?

      • jeff
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
          More thrill for your dollar with the half day ride at Bryce. But you probably weren't planning on going there and the rides may not be available for hire that early in April.