Re: New member here, well sorta...

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 20, 2013
      I might be good for an occasional anecdote, but if it's stories that interest you, then Steve Ramras is your writer/reporter. Check out the following link:

      http://www.math.utah.edu/~sfolias/canyontales/ram/tales.php

      The Lost Lunch is my favorite.

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ray" <glennlray@...> wrote:

      > "...lifelong sentence." <-- I see what you did there!
      >
      > Jeff, I don't know you outside the forum, but would be quite intrigued to hear some of your stories. Maybe you could just dictate a few in a digital recorder to get you started. I've got a small one that I could mail out there once you're settled for the summer.
      >
      > I'm so glad I've kept travel journals. My wife, her mom, and I went on a 5300-mile trip to California in 2000 and we all wrote entries in a single journal. I cherish that book and the memories that it unlocks.
      >
      > (...and yep, I sucked at English in high school, but really enjoyed it in college. Don't know what happened there!)

    • tanya_o0o
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 21, 2013
        Yep! Ram is the storyteller~!

        I am sort of partial to the one in heaps with the dog.

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 21, 2013
          I have done a fun hike with Jeff and Jeff and Bo did the cross Zion hike. Jeff seems to always know what's up around Utah.  I too think Jeff could write a magnificent book!

          Pictures from that hike