Re: Angel's Landing Time-Lapse Video

  • Glenn Ray
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 23, 2012
      Scott: the egg timer is a 1-hour timer. I'd love to find one that runs longer (ex. a lot of cheap microwaves have 80-minute timers).

      Ben: those darned chipmunks! :-) They're sneaky little buggers. If I hadn't cropped out the bottom as much (to make the video 1080p), you'd've seen a lot more.

      You'll see a lot of them in the Observation Point video coming next.

      -Glenn

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "mojave_ben" <mojave_ben@...> wrote:

      > Fun to watch the people :) Ha you could see the chipmunks come up looking for food toward the end.
      >
      > Nice.

    • Bob Bauerle
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012
        Glenn,

        Thanks for sharing.  Angel's Landing is on my Bucket List.

        Bob

        On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Glenn Ray <glennlray@...> wrote:

        I just posted another time lapse video from Angel's Landing:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02vr2iuF_oY

        I'm working on one from Observation Point and another from inside Bryce Canyon of the sunrise on Queen's Garden. Hope to have those up within the week.

        Hope you like 'em!

        -Glenn

      • Glenn Ray
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2012
          Here are the other two time lapse videos that I added:

          Observation Point (Zion):
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8xiQQ5VU7w

          Bryce Canyon Sunrise:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDuBRyWzHC4

          They're both HD (like the others) so be sure to switch to 720 or 1080 and view full screen.

          The Bryce Canyon vid looks like a still frame, but watch the thin clouds change color just before the sun hits.

          I am SO ready to head back to Utah in the spring!

          Happy New Year everyone!
          -Glenn