why i'm more wary of utah backroads than i am of utah slickrock slopes

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2012
      Woman dead after being stranded overnight in snowstorm

      ENTERPRISE, Washington County — Police have identified the woman who died when the vehicle she was in became stranded overnight Tuesday in the snow on Shoal Creek Road, south of Enterprise Reservoir.

      Darlene Dietrich's body was found about three miles north of the vehicle, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office. A second person in the vehicle, Michael Meunier, was found by snowmobilers near Enterprise Reservoir.

      No further information about the individuals was made available by police Thursday.

      The sheriff's office received a call Wednesday about the missing vehicle and two passengers who had become stranded headed north on the remote dirt road late Tuesday night.

      The area was accessible only by snowmobile during the search because of heavy snowfall, police said.

      Police are treating the incident as an accident
    • Glenn Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2012
        Oh, that is very sad. I wonder why she left the vehicle? Isn't that the thing you most NOT want to do?

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jb14ers@...> wrote:

        > Woman dead after being stranded overnight in snowstorm
        >
        > ENTERPRISE, Washington County — Police have identified the woman who died when the vehicle she was in became stranded overnight Tuesday in the snow on Shoal Creek Road, south of Enterprise Reservoir.
        >
        > Darlene Dietrich's body was found about three miles north of the vehicle, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office. A second person in the vehicle, Michael Meunier, was found by snowmobilers near Enterprise Reservoir.
        >
        > No further information about the individuals was made available by police Thursday.
        >
        > The sheriff's office received a call Wednesday about the missing vehicle and two passengers who had become stranded headed north on the remote dirt road late Tuesday night.
        >
        > The area was accessible only by snowmobile during the search because of heavy snowfall, police said.
        >
        > Police are treating the incident as an accident
      • sfbayhooligan
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2012
          This seems to be a case of pure Darwinism -- these two pretty much did everything wrong, starting off with apparently deciding to go on a joy-ride thru a blizzard on roads that are pretty rough even in good weather conditions.