Re: Parunuweap Canyon - NRA boundaries

  • tanya_o0o
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 16, 2012
      We have Parunuweap Pass in our book and had to remove it last minute because it was in a no-go Zion zone.

      > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Braun" <joe@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I just added "giffordNRAs.jpg" to the files section of this group. I'm
      pretty sure that the "Parunuweap Pass" hike went up the drainage east of Gifford
      and right through what is now a strange blobular-shaped NRA.

    • Glenn Ray
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 22, 2012
        Thank you. Check out my photo album here titled "Parunuweap Overlook" for some more photos.

        I'm going to stitch together a wide-view still panorama of the canyon from the overlook. I'll let y'all know when I post it.

        What kills me is that I didn't stop and look at my NatGeo map while I was there. If I had, I would have realized that I might have been able to view Labyrinth Falls from above. I was only about a quarter-mile west of them. Oh well, maybe next year!