new lodging possiblities

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2012
      Noticed that construction of a Hampton Inn is well under way next to the Zion Park Inn/Switchback restaurant. Is that another motel going up across from the Worthington Gallery or is that complex intended for other uses?

      Also, I thought I saw evidence of a La Quita groundbreaking in LaVerkin.
      Zion visits apparently will be on the increase next year.
    • tanya_o0o
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2012
        Scary! The future holds a big city area where Toquerville, LaVerkin,
        Hurricane, Washington, St. George and Ivins are all touching. I heard
        the owners of the Zion Park Inn also own the new Hampton Inn.

        Quaint little Springdale is getting too large. People have tried to buy
        up the 12 miles of land from the east entrance of Zion to Mt. Carmel
        Jct.

        I wish the parks were safe from all this. The North Rim of the Grand
        Canyon might be since is it surrounded by the Kaibab Forest.

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jb14ers@...>