29 Palms CA

  • cgptsnaz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2012
      I left the Slabs area near Niland CA last saturday on my bicycle again and rode up along the Slaton Sea to Mecca CA, then over and along a area called Box Canyon. I crossed I-10 and spent three days crossing Joshua Tree NP. I stayed two nights in the park. It was a long hot ride across.
      I am now staying in Twentynine Palms CA just north of the park. I plan to stay thru Thanksgiving then head NW up to Hwy 395. I was going NE to Death Valley but decided it could be too hot and dry to cross that park even in late November or December.
      I plan now to head north towards Lone Pine, Mammoth Lakes area to look for winter work.