Bo and Tanya's book - Hiking in and Near Zion National Park

  • tanya_o0o
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 31, 2012
      I believe that is the title that Gary suggested which was used.

      Here is it!  Bo has them in his hands!

      Name:  book2.jpg
        ooooh, no trick, definitely a treat. i'll be by to pick up a copy next weekend. Congrats.

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I believe that is the title that Gary suggested which was used.
        >
        > Here is it! Bo has them in his hands!
        >
        > [Name: book2.jpg
        > Size: 168.6 KB]

      • tanya_o0o
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 31, 2012
          Thanks Jeff! Finally done~ such a nice treat!

          --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jb14ers@...> wrote:

          > ooooh, no trick, definitely a treat. i'll be by to pick up a copy next weekend. Congrats.
          >

          > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I believe that is the title that Gary suggested which was used.
          > >
          > > Here is it! Bo has them in his hands!
          > >
          > > [Name: book2.jpg
          > > Size: 168.6 KB]

        • tanya_o0o
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 31, 2012
            By the way....

            Bo Beck and Tanya Milligan's book:
            Favorite Hikes in and around Zion National Park
            just arrived at the Desert Rat in St. George, Utah
            and will soon be widely distributed. Call 435-628-7277 to get a copy. M-F 9am to 7pm, Saturdays 9am - 6pm

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 1, 2012
              Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to get a copy. Will they be available anywhere online?

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 1, 2012
                Congrats!! Been looking forward to this, hope it sells well!

                --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > I believe that is the title that Gary suggested which was used.
                >
                > Here is it! Bo has them in his hands!
                >
                > [Name: book2.jpg
                > Size: 168.6 KB]

              • TomJones
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 5, 2012
                  Just got a box in. Very impressive!

                  http://www.store.canyoneeringusa.com/index.php?option=com_rokecwid&Itemid=108#!/~/product/category=2490778&id=17045762

                  > Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to get a copy. Will they be available anywhere online?
                  >
                  > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o <no_reply@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I believe that is the title that Gary suggested which was used.
                  > >
                  > > Here is it! Bo has them in his hands!
                  > >
                  > > [Name: book2.jpg
                  > > Size: 168.6 KB]

                • tanya_o0o
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 6, 2012
                    Wow !  A compliment from Tom!

                    That makes me glow all over!   :)

                    --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "TomJones" <ratagonia@...> wrote:

                    > Just got a box in. Very impressive!
                    >
                    > http://www.store.canyoneeringusa.com/index.php?option=com_rokecwid&Itemid=108#!/~/product/category=2490778&id=17045762
                    >
                    > Tom
                    >
                    > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Braun" joe@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to get a copy. Will they be available anywhere online?
                    > >
                    > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I believe that is the title that Gary suggested which was used.
                    > > >
                    > > > Here is it! Bo has them in his hands!
                    > > >
                    > > > [Name: book2.jpg
                    > > > Size: 168.6 KB]

                  • Glenn Ray
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 6, 2012
                      I'll pick up a copy on my way through St. George next Wednesday. Guess I better call ahead and hold a copy before they're all gone!

                      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o <no_reply@...> wrote:

                      > By the way....
                      >
                      > Bo Beck and Tanya Milligan's book:
                      > Favorite Hikes in and around Zion National Park
                      > <http://zionnational-park.com/pp/link-to-me.htm>
                      > just arrived at the Desert Rat in St. George, Utah and will soon be
                      > widely distributed. Call 435-628-7277 to get a copy. M-F 9am to 7pm,
                      > Saturdays 9am - 6pm
                      >

                      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o
                      > <no_reply@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thanks Jeff! Finally done~ such a nice treat!
                      > >
                      > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" jb14ers@
                      > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > ooooh, no trick, definitely a treat. i'll be by to pick up a copy
                      > next weekend. Congrats.
                      > > >

                      > > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o

                    • hwstockman
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 6, 2012
                        Hey Glenn! Did you attend grad school? If so, which state?

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 6, 2012
                          1) Nope. 2) N/A

                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 8, 2012
                            ...and DONE! Paid for and being held for me until I drive through St. George next week.

                            Bo, I won't turn down an autograph. :-)

                            --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ray" <glennlray@...> wrote:

                            > I'll pick up a copy on my way through St. George next Wednesday. Guess I better call ahead and hold a copy before they're all gone!
                            >

                            > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o <no_reply@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > By the way....
                            > >
                            > > Bo Beck and Tanya Milligan's book:
                            > > Favorite Hikes in and around Zion National Park
                            > > <http://zionnational-park.com/pp/link-to-me.htm>
                            > > just arrived at the Desert Rat in St. George, Utah and will soon be
                            > > widely distributed. Call 435-628-7277 to get a copy. M-F 9am to 7pm,
                            > > Saturdays 9am - 6pm
                            > >

                            > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o
                            > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Thanks Jeff! Finally done~ such a nice treat!
                            > > >
                            > > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" jb14ers@

                            > > next weekend. Congrats.

                          • tanya_o0o
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 9, 2012
                              Thanks Glenn! You should get one with both of our autographs. We spent
                              the other day signing 300-400 books!

                              <glennlray@...> wrote:

                              > ...and DONE! Paid for and being held for me until I drive through St.
                              George next week.

                              > Bo, I won't turn down an autograph. :-)
                              >

                              > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ray"
                              glennlray@ wrote:

                              > > I'll pick up a copy on my way through St. George next Wednesday.
                              Guess I better call ahead and hold a copy before they're all gone!

                              > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o
                              <no_reply@> wrote:

                              > > > By the way....
                              > > >
                              > > > Bo Beck and Tanya Milligan's book:
                              > > > Favorite Hikes in and around Zion National Park
                              > > > <http://zionnational-park.com/pp/link-to-me.htm>
                              > > > just arrived at the Desert Rat in St. George, Utah and will soon
                              be
                              > > > widely distributed. Call 435-628-7277 to get a copy. M-F 9am to
                              7pm,
                              > > > Saturdays 9am - 6pm
                              > > >

                              > > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o

                              > > > next weekend. Congrats.

                            • jeff
                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
                                I picked up the book on Friday at the Desert Rat. Bo had the day off so I thought I missed out on gettting any autographs, but am happy to report that my copy contains the signatures of both authors. Didn't get a chance to do any of the many hikes, but I did drive by the Peek-A-Boo trailhead sign and made a mental note to include that hike on next visit's list of must do's.

                                $25 seemed pricey to me, but the book does exudes quality. The photos in particular are amazing. Attention to detail is very apparent throughout this guidebook. Only thing missing I think is a short bio. There actually might be a few folks out there who don't know who Tanya and Bo are.

                                --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o <no_reply@...> wrote:

                                > Thanks Glenn! You should get one with both of our autographs. We spent
                                > the other day signing 300-400 books!
                                >

                                > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ray"
                                > <glennlray@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > ...and DONE! Paid for and being held for me until I drive through St.
                                > George next week.
                                > >
                                > > Bo, I won't turn down an autograph. :-)
                                > >

                                > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ray"
                                > glennlray@ wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > I'll pick up a copy on my way through St. George next Wednesday.
                                > Guess I better call ahead and hold a copy before they're all gone!
                                > > >

                                > > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o

                                > be
                                > 7pm,

                                > jb14ers@

                                > copy

                                > used.

                              • Glenn Ray
                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
                                  Picked up my copy today directly from the man himself! Bo was very nice and we had a good, short chat before I scampered off in search of a quick lunch (which, at Bo's recommendation, was at Cafe Rio; it was very good).

                                  I skimmed through it during lunch and agree that there are some very good notes on the hikes; some of which will be good for me to know this week (esp. Checkerboard and Parunuweap hikes).

                                  I agree with you that bios would have been nice to have. Guess they'll have to be added in the 2nd edition.

                                  BTW, that picture of Bo on Water Canyon Arch (p 167) is jaw-dropping. It's on my "Plan B" list in case I'm snowed out at Bryce next week.

                                • tanya_o0o
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
                                    I agree.  They cut a ton of pages to get the price down to $25, including the bios, much of the intro, many photos, etc...    I will have to make sure we have a bio in the next book.

                                    Bo the Zion expert and his tag along. :D

                                  • tanya_o0o
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
                                      I love that Water Canyon area!  It's spectacular!

                                      We are on amazon now!  Give us a nice review if you like the book!

                                    • tanya_o0o
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
                                        By the way, just in case anyone thinks Bo and I are going to get rich on that $25 book - all we get is 1.30 per book. So goes it when there is a publisher and middle man involved!

                                        Jeff: