tonight's solar eclipse

    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2012
      Hoping somebody can give us a firsthand account. Kanarraville is the place to be!

      http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865556137/Rare-annular-solar-eclipse-over-Utah-Sunday-night.html
    • Cliff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2012
        Sorry I'm so slow getting back to you. I didn't go to Kanarraville, I thought that there would be too many people for my liking. Instead, I was at the trail head for Red Mountain, north of St. George.
        I posted a few photos in the photos section under "eclipse 5-20-2012"
        I took a lot of pictures, most of them didn't turn out.
        What really struck me about this event is that if I hadn't been aware that it was happening, I wouldn't have noticed anything. Even with the moon completely in front of the sun it was light enough that it wasn't obvious that anything out of the ordinary was happening.
        Cliff