Re: RIP Mae Edwards

  • tanya_o0o
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2011
      Love the history of the Zion area. May Mae RIP

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Bo" <bbeck@...>
      wrote:

      > Joe! You must be older than I?....Well maybe not, but your time in
      Zion certainly far exceeds mine. I know what you mean and feel though,
      and our memories such as these are are very special. These memories are
      what keep Mae living on. The lives of others that lived "life" touch us
      all. Celebrate them!

      > Bo
      >
      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Braun" joe@
      wrote:

      > > I don't think too many people on the group will know who Mae Edwards
      is, but she and her husband were delightful people who owned a rock/gem
      shop on the property that is now ZAC's Narrows outfitting building. I
      remember my family would visit her shop when I was a kid in the 70s and
      she would always give me a beautiful little rock as a gift. They were
      good people and helped make my memories of Springdale and Zion very
      special. When her husband died about twenty years ago, Mae moved in with
      her daughter in Las Vegas; our families kept in touch over the years.
      She died of old age, calmly in her sleep. Rest in peace.