Kinesava (Peak) by Chinle trailhead

  • hwstockman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2 10:44 AM
      We made the trek on April 1... a bit too warm (82F at Rockville), and bit long of a day with the drive from and back to Vegas.

      http://hwstock.org/kinesava/ <= route map in this TR

      We sort-of followed the route indicated on Tanya and Bo's site. Going up I went past the gate to the wash indicate by Bo on the map, but saw no advantage, so I cut more directly to the gate on the way down. Once off the Chile trail, you will have off-and-on blackbrush terrain for a miles or so, rather scratchy on the legs.

      Boy is that use trail loose near the top of the ramp.

      One of my partners was ill so we skipped the petroglyphs.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2 2:24 PM
        Nice pix! Thanks!
      • tanya_o0o
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3 4:29 AM
          What time did you start and end?

          Thanks for the heads up on the map.  Bo is going rafting, but I will ask him to look at the map when he gets back.   He just redid that map by hand since he had to change the trailhead.  Being sick while hiking is no fun!   If I remember right Bo and I wore gators on that hike.  I will add that too the trail report as well.  Thanks!

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3 4:32 AM
            Nice trail report and photos.  I am going to link to it from Bo and my trail report.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3 6:32 AM
              We started at 8:08AM and came back before 3:30PM (Vegas time).

              The map for the latter route doesn't matter much; once you see the use trail and cairns, that's what you follow!

              Gaiters are a good idea for the blachbrush parts!

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 3 9:05 AM
                That's hardcore!  I like to keep very conservative times on the trail reports though so people do not get stuck in the dark.

                I am glad its doable though from Chinle!