Re: Zion's Mt. Kinesava Private Property Issues

  • RAM
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 1, 2011
      Don't know. Never used the Chinile trailhead. The one down to the Noodle is shorter i think, but does have some indirectness to it i.e. dry fall bypasses that are easy to locate

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, tanya_o0o <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Do you think it would be better starting there or at the Chinle
      > Trailhead? Bo was rewriting the start, but must have got side tracked.
      > He checked out the area during SAR training and it seems many Springdale
      > property owners are trying to block not only hikers but tourists from
      > parking in town.
      >
      > Why do people buy in a town on the edge of a national park then try and
      > make it so others cannot enjoy the park. :(
      >
      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "RAM" <adkramoo@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > A slightly longer, less aesthetic and more rugged route can be done
      > from the road above the Pizza Noodle. We used to descend that way for
      > the variety. Add one hour coming and going.
      > > Ram
    • tanya_o0o
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 9, 2012
        Thanks Henk!
        Just give Bo a call.  He has books that both of us have signed.

        Desert Rat: Contact & Hours

        (435) 628-7277

        Monday - Friday : 9am - 7pm
        Saturday : 9am - 6pm