Re: Home page shot

  • RAM
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 1, 2011
      Triple digits for your Left Fork I seem to remember you telling me? Yes the routes sound very much alike reading the full description. Mine and Brereton do a little back and forth across Wildcat mid way to the Left Fork and my route is left/east on the bench avoiding the 1/10 of a mile in the Left Fork to the Seeps, on the way to the open valley toward the Right Fork.

      There are also several, up to 4 passes at the height of land between the Left and Right Forks. The main one, slightly right of center while approaching from the Left Fork, works best. The far left, direct from the Hammerhead, is wetter, with a few drops, but also works.
      Ram

      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 17, 2011
        Thanks! I've been trying to get a good shot like this for years. Every vacation, I've tried hanging out behind the museum at sunrise (with the dozens of other Towers of the Virgin sunrise photographers) and I usually come up with nothing, but finally some clouds came up to make the sky a bit more interesting.