Re: Home page shot

  • Clay
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 30, 2010
      Sounds like one year when a friend and I hiked up the Narrows to Big Spring in mid October. The water was about as cold as it could be without freezing. We only had one 20 minute point when the sun actually was shining down to the bottom of the canyon. We stood in it to warm up and coming back didn't get out till almost dark at the Riverwalk area. That was way back when one could drive up into the upper canyon and park on the road. We parked about a mile from the Temple of Sinawava so we had a longer hike than nessessary to get back to the car. That canyon sure is dark with its narrow walls!

      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 17, 2011
        Thanks! I've been trying to get a good shot like this for years. Every vacation, I've tried hanging out behind the museum at sunrise (with the dozens of other Towers of the Virgin sunrise photographers) and I usually come up with nothing, but finally some clouds came up to make the sky a bit more interesting.