Seeking hiking partner(s)

  • Clay
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5 10:22 AM
      I plan to be doing the East Fork of the Virgin River from Mt Carmel Jct to the Exit near Fat Man's Misery. It's also called the Parunuweap and the Barracks. And the little brother of the Narrows. I have been down the canyon before and compared to the Virgin Narrows in Zions main canyon it is less crowded and last as spectacular. And it has many side canyons to explore. I am looking at sometime in September or October. If someone can let me know that they would like to join me, we can meet somewhere like St George, Kanab or ? and makeour trip plans.
    • Clay
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5 5:19 PM
        Well I have had a bite. A friend from Utah has answered. Anymore?

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Clay" <cpatflgaz@...> wrote:

        > I plan to be doing the East Fork of the Virgin River from Mt Carmel Jct to the Exit near Fat Man's Misery. It's also called the Parunuweap and the Barracks. And the little brother of the Narrows. I have been down the canyon before and compared to the Virgin Narrows in Zions main canyon it is less crowded and last as spectacular. And it has many side canyons to explore. I am looking at sometime in September or October. If someone can let me know that they would like to join me, we can meet somewhere like St George, Kanab or ? and makeour trip plans.

      • tanya
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5 7:21 PM
          I wish I could, but can't get away then.  This should be a great trip!

          Take a look at the option of starting at Elephant Butte......

          http://www.zionnational-park.com/parunuweap-canyon.htm

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5 8:42 PM
            How are you Tanya, still living in St George or are you back at the Thunderbird this summer? How is Ed, are they busy this summer? I might ask him for a parttime job this fall winter, want to spend the weekdays hiking and biking around but maybe I could find something around for the weekends. I plan to get there about the end of September to early October to do this hike and others staying till spring or later if something comes my way workwise next summer.
            Which side canyon has that Sulfur springs? Thats the warm springs you've mentioned before right?

            --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "tanya" <thunderbirdmail@...> wrote:

            > I wish I could, but can't get away then. This should be a great trip!
            >
            > Take a look at the option of starting at Elephant Butte......
            >
            > http://www.zionnational-park.com/parunuweap-canyon.htm
            >

            > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Clay" <cpatflgaz@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I plan to be doing the East Fork of the Virgin River from Mt Carmel
            > Jct to the Exit near Fat Man's Misery. It's also called the Parunuweap
            > and the Barracks. And the little brother of the Narrows. I have been
            > down the canyon before and compared to the Virgin Narrows in Zions main
            > canyon it is less crowded and last as spectacular. And it has many side
            > canyons to explore. I am looking at sometime in September or October. If
            > someone can let me know that they would like to join me, we can meet
            > somewhere like St George, Kanab or ? and makeour trip plans.

          • matt_andersao
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6 1:30 PM
              I would be interested I was trying to find a time to hike it by myself this fall but would much rather go with someone who has hike it! I like in Hurricane and could meet in any of the cities you have mentioned... My little bro may want to come as well if he is back from Alaska.

              Matt

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 6 6:05 PM
                Good Matt the more the Merrier. I have a friend from Delta Utah that is interested and a friend from Trailspace that is interested too. Its such a beautiful canyon. I dont know all the details yet but as I think about it in the next couple months I will let you know. Email me at cpatflgaz@... and tell me of your experience canyoneeering. Its not technical to do the Parunuweap at all, just curious your hiking background.