Re: the ride of spring

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
      For a second, I thought you were referring to kayaking the Narrows. :) We're now well over 100cfs, so no more Narrows hiking for the next 1-2 months!

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jb838@...> wrote:

      > from The Spectrum
      >
      > Shuttle service set to resume
      > in Zion NP
      >
      > March 31, 2010
      >
      > ZION NATIONAL PARK — Shuttle operations in Zion
      > National Park are resuming after the winter-long
      > break.
      >
      > The shuttle system starts up again Thursday
      > marking its 11th season of operation.
      >
      > The park shifted to shuttle-only traffic for most of
      > the year through Zion Canyon to alleviate
      > congestion and benefit the environment. The
      > canyon features some of the park's most popular
      > features such as Angels Landing and Court of the
      > Patriarchs.
      >
      > Regular shuttle service will start at 7 a.m. in the park
      > and nearby Springdale. The last shuttle leaves at 9:
      > 30 p.m., although the hours of operation will
      > expand during the summer.
      >
      > There's no charge for riding the shuttles.

    • jeff
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
        About a week before you head out. Any signs of spring aside from MSU b-ball up your way?

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
          Hi Jeff - We had a wonderful 75 degrees and sunny today--the first truly warm day of the year. Unfortunately, there is no sandstone within view... At least MSU is the one bright news item for us!