Angels landing and park conditions

  • NJedge@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2009
      The conditions change really fast this time of year. Doing it last weekend would have been difficult. Here's a picture I took of Angels Landing on  Saturday afternoon. On Sunday there was more snow up top and waterfalls were running pretty good. It's very mild this week, with no new snow you may have a shot at doing it. Probably be icy in Refrigerator Canyon and on Walters Wiggles.

      Win
    • matt_andersao
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2009
        I would guess right now Angels Landing would be icy and dangerous. The weather is supposed to warm up and almost hit 60 degrees (in Hurricane, UT) Without any other storms between now and then Angels Landing might be possible with the right gear. I would suggest checking with the visitor center prior to hiking...

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "gk08" <gaurav@...> wrote:

        > Hi folks--I'm going to be in the park on Dec. 26 and am wondering what conditions are like? Is there a lot of snow on the ground? If so, would this be a bad time to try angel's landing for the first time? From what I have read, it seems like a four hour hike--is this accurate?
        >
        > many thanks
        >
        > gaurav

      • TomJones
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2009
          Win does a good job of touching these things up on Photoshop, don't you think????

          just kidding. pretty warm out today, things melting quickly. Could be pretty much clean and dry by Saturday, but likely a few places of snow or ice on the trail where it is hidden in Refrigerator Canyon (or is that, refrigerated in Hidden Canyon???).

          Four hours round trip is a good general timeline.

          Tom